Activity underneath Flight Deck?

fanofFirehawk

I suspect, if there's anything going on, Mr. Helbig would get a glass of iced tea and sit back for a while, so he can have a laugh at the monstrous speculations.

I've noticed that he rolls the PR out slowly, like laying string that's attached to a stick that holds up an upturned box with a carrot under it.

• Like 1

Personally, I've never had a problem with Crypt's building being there. I always thought is was fine. But I guess that's because I've grown up looking at that building and have never really experienced the "Rivertown experience that once was."

What bugs me more are the sounds of a big, red, loud roller coaster towering over the place. (Even though I love the DB addition overall, I still wish it would have been put in a different place.) Also, I wish Rivertown would selectively play country music of some sort like they do in Frontiertown at CP (or at least that's what I think they do...).

Seriously, I'd much rather hear that than some of the mainstream pop garbage that plagues the park's playlist i.e. songs I most likely heard on the car ride there.

• Like 2

What is gross about the splashdown?

The water is trapped and is apparently never treated. It's constantly "washing" the back of the train, the track, and certain riders. Think protein spills, bird droppings, dead animals, and any other debris that makes its way in.

Take a look from the tower, or smell your arm after getting it wet in Diamondback's rear seat. Depending on the wind, you can get a nice mist of it from the midway.

• Like 2

Good morning everyone! Long time follower, first time posting.

They need to do something with the complete area back to flight deck. There is so much unused land, let alone a giant eye sore (timberworlf theater) that needs to be utilized. I deffinently feel Banshee is a big addition for A.Z. I loved SOB, but when it was built Paramont gid locked them selves for further expansion. Looking at the lay out of things, they are diffentely will be able to possibly recover, allow themself's a larger area to grow and expand the park.

KingsIslandGrowth_zps97a766e9.jpg

You do know Banshee Wont just be where Days Of Thunder was. Its going to go out where most of SOB Was.

• Like 1

Diamondback doesn't seem too bad to those of us who ride it a lot. But if you compare to its 2009/2010 looks, it has faded drastically and the splashdown pool is... well, nasty, to be polite.

Though the paint doesn't look as bad as Invertigo pre-repainting, and the water in Diamondback's splashdown doesn't smell as bad as the water on Congo Falls did last year. And maybe this year too, I honestly haven't ridden it this season.

• Like 2

I think The Bat theme makes sense since KI seems to be transforming Action Zone into a year round Haunt section of the park. With Banshee and the tombstones that they are going to place down close to the Flight Deck turnaround, it seems like The Bat would be the perfect fit by flying over the fake cemetery where the two coasters will almost meet.

This is getting a bit off-topic.

--

I agree that ridding of Timberwolf could allow for more attractions and a more open access point to Flight Deck. (though that would hinder the access road that goes through there.)

On the other hand, it was always cool to have a place where actual bands could come and perform along their tours. I think it has a certain spark to be able to watch your favorite band at one of your favorite amusement parks.. though, if they never get anyone booked, it's better to get rid of it. Flight Deck has been deserving of a more obvious presence since 2009. (and from its opening to 2001)

Good morning everyone! Long time follower, first time posting.

They need to do something with the complete area back to flight deck. There is so much unused land, let alone a giant eye sore (timberworlf theater) that needs to be utilized. I deffinently feel Banshee is a big addition for A.Z. I loved SOB, but when it was built Paramont gid locked them selves for further expansion. Looking at the lay out of things, they are diffentely will be able to possibly recover, allow themself's a larger area to grow and expand the park.

KingsIslandGrowth_zps97a766e9.jpg

By removing Aventure Express.

Yes, I realized Banshee is going to be takeing up some of the land. But its wont block off everything like SOB had done.

Yes, I had to look up how to do a screen shot. ALT+PRT wouldnt work on this computer, so I was trying to find an alternate rout of doing it.

I was on the FD computer, it has firefox on it. I'm more of a safari and seamonkey fan, myself. But that is I.

I just don't understand why it had to be or.

Why not both?

And does the splashdown pool HAVE to be icky and gross?

Why not paint it pool blue. Are there any splash down coasters that are icky like ours? It looks like a rusty puddle from the tower.

• Like 2

Assuming they treated the water and made the area more attractive, a splash-zone (similar to SheiKra or Griffon) could actually look really cool, and add a unique interaction between the ride and viewing guests. Plus, during those hot summer days, it'd add another water attraction to Rivertown (although, personally, I'm still awaiting a splash battle attraction like Dollywood's River Battle...)

• Like 2

They could paint it black to look like a dark pond and finally add the boulders that were promised in the video and It would look great. I'd even go as far as opening the splash down splash zone as an attraction for visitors.

With THAT foul smelling brack?

YUCK-A-DOO!!!

Of course it would have to be chlorinated and shocked, that's for sure.

Peculiar...

I was under the impression that this tread was about Flight Deck and what was happening over there...

A fan. A party pooper.

We have officially gone off topic. (If you really want to talk about this, please make another topic.)

I will be there soon and I really wish they would keep the old scenery.