Activity underneath Flight Deck?

fanofFirehawk

if they were to paint it black, the cool effect would would be that it's so dark in that valley, that. you couldn't see the track or supports... unfortunately most of us have ridden it so many times it wouldn't matter.... but it's still would be a good effect.

• Like 3

If they painted it black, it would inevitably be confused with Batman: The Ride. Even though most of them are no longer black.

T2. Uh...

Unless the coaster was going to be called Batman: The Ride and changed back for some reason.

The pond indent is pretty intriguing to the coaster and had a bit of geometry, physics, etc... Involved. Next time you go to ki go up in the Eiffel Tower and watch the splashdown. The spray comes up and seems to contour to the pond. The pond shape, in my opinion, was 100% planned to be as is.

So much talk about repainting FD, didn't they just paint it in 2010? Little to early for a repaint, but wouldn't it be cool if they were to add realistic flames to simulate rides on fire. That would allow paint coverage on parts that may need it without painting the whole ride. Bat on fire would be a neat theme and as for the bottom area I still see it as a break area for ride ops or even sitting area with snack from vending.

So much talk about repainting FD, didn't they just paint it in 2010? Little to early for a repaint, but wouldn't it be cool if they were to add realistic flames to simulate rides on fire. That would allow paint coverage on parts that may need it without painting the whole ride. Bat on fire would be a neat theme and as for the bottom area I still see it as a break area for ride ops or even sitting area with snack from vending.

I think it was 2011 or 2012 actually. So even more recent than 2010.

The need for paint seems to be on a 5 year or so basis. Because Diamondback and Vortex, both of which were painted in 2009, are looking pretty shabby now by comparison.

Is there an issue with having a ride repainted just because it received a paint job fairly recently?

Yes, that is one huge waste of paint, and money, which we all love money.

Is there an issue with having a ride repainted just because it received a paint job fairly recently?

They painted it primer grey anyway, and, the ride looks terrible as it sits presently. They did not do a COMPLETE paint job, just coated the track and some supports. The station looks horrible, the lift hill looks terrible too, as well as the tranfer track area.

A complete makeover is exactly what is needed on FD. Is, to me, one of the most fun rides in the park, the only thing that lets it down is the walk back to it, and the looks.

• Like 3

What's a waste of money and what's not isn't for anywhere on here to decide... that's decided in Sandusky.

And just to point out - Vortex recieved a full paint job a few years before 2009 and for the 2009 season only had its rails painted, not the entire ride.

• Like 4