Problems

K, so I've seen the word "don't" capitalized in places where it shouldn't be. Methinks it's a minor issue with the new filter Dane put in this afternoon. This isn't a huge problem, but I couldn't find any better place to put my question. Thanks!

Correct that is a side effect I knew would come of it. I'll try to tweek it this evening.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dane
Fixed issue.
  • Like 2

So here's an unusual bug. It's been around for well over a year, maybe two or three, but I just now pinpointed what circumstances it occurs under. Under certain circumstances, posts made in a thread shortly after you post in that same thread will not be marked as unread posts. Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a secondary browser, load KIC, and make sure that you are logged out in that browser.

2. Open your primary browser, and log into KIC.

3. Pick a thread. Although the bug can occur in any forum, I recommend choosing a thread in a forum visible to unregistered users, as that will make reproduction easier (as will choosing a highly active thread).

4. Post in that thread.

5. After posting, click a link to reload the thread list (I do not know if this also occurs when using the back button in your browser at this step).

6. Leave your primary browser sit untouched and use the secondary browser, logged out, to monitor the thread for new posts. You can also click to other threads in the same forum in your primary browser, provided that you return to the thread list with your browser's back button and your browser is not one that reloads the page from scratch when you click back (I think IE does this). The key is to not reload the thread list or navigate outside that forum in your primary browser until new posts have been made in the thread you posted in.

7. Once you see through the logged-out secondary browser that new posts have been made in the thread you posted in, go to your primary browser and reload the thread list.

8. You will now find that the new post(s) do not show up as new/unread posts; the thread is marked as read even though you have not read the posts after yours.

This isn't that annoying, usually, but tonight I almost missed blocks of five or more posts twice, in the random discussion thread and the random food discussion thread. Any idea what's causing this?

I did publish a redesign of the main site late last night. The problem I'm having with troubleshooting it is its loading fine on all my computers and tablets at home and work. So those having issues if you could clear your cache and retry. If it's still not loading correctly please screen shot it and pm it to me with which browser your using.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edit: I did get it to not load correctly on a Apple iPad mini. The latest post is loading at the bottom of the page instead of the sidebar.

That's what I get on my computer. The header bar with "Home," "Forums," etc has a slightly different design I think...maybe. Also there used to be the "slideshow" thing that scrolled through like five pictures of happenings at the park. The ad at the very top is missing. Possibly a different typeface in areas too?

^^ You're missing three things from that screenshot: two ads (a banner at the very top and a box above the countdown) and the Flash slideshow above the "latest Kings Island news" bar. Do you have an ad-blocker installed? If so, that could possibly be killing the slideshow as well (some of the more annoying ads out there use Flash), so you might want to check your settings.

The site looks normal to me now. I've been having some trouble with Firefox recently, so I reset it and now it is back to normal. Youtube videos haven't been playing and anytime I was on Twitter it said something about a long running script and would freeze, but now everything works.

The front page looks great.

For the record, I have not had any recent problems with any thread, including the Eagles thread.

I have, however, encountered this problem on random, rare occasions in the past, caused by the software briefly forgetting that "index.php/ needs to be inserted in the URL between "forums/" and "topic" (this error is visible in the screenshot above). I have never reported it because the problem lasts only a couple of minutes at a time, so it fixes itself before I can get around to reporting it. It happens to me very rarely (maybe only once every two to four months), so I've mostly just ignored it and not said anything until now.

• Dane locked this topic