"The Cincinnati Kids" is on Hallmark Channel right now

jcgoble3

And not even to be recorded on a Sony Betamax.

Hey now, I had a Sony Betamax (which I did use to record many, many episodes of the Brady Bunch). My dad bought it back in the 80s when there was the Beta/VHS wars (similar to the Blu-ray/HD-DVD war that was going on several years ago). The guy at the electronics store assured him that Beta would most likely win out due to their compact size and superior resolution. After doing more research, my dad opted for the Betamax. Unfortunately, it was the wrong choice. A few years later we were stuck with a VCR that couldn't do too much because VHS had won out and everything had switched over. Ah...the good ol' days!

(Edited to add info)

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

Though Brady Bunch had a episode at Kings Island, but so did The Partridge Family, I rarely hear it mentioned at Kings Island like they mention the Brady Bunch.

I think that mostly has to do with the fact that The Brady Bunch was much more popular long term than The Partridge Family was. I have watched both and they both give pretty good visuals of the park. Although The Partridge Family seems to be based mostly in the Oktoberfest and Coney Mall section of the park whereas The Brady Bunch episode is more spread out through the park. Personally I like the visuals in The Partridge Family more though, they give good close ups of the Carousel, Monster, and Racer.

After the tragic news of Florence Henderson's passing made me remember the episode so went to rewatch it online again. Checked out the Partridge Family one as well to see how it was. I'd definitely say as far as the park goes Brady Bunch was much better. There is hardly any scenes int eh park itself for the Partridge family, jstu a couple montages that last 10 seconds or so. I'd say over 95% of the episode takes place at the Kings Island Inn.