Disney World updates

Here is the Rivers of Light Press Preview from last night.

2 observations:  The show is going to be visually stunning and the lotus floats aren't moving.  I think these lends credence to continued struggles with precision movement of the floats. 

The New Jungle Book Show is happening starting Memorial Day weekend with all of the new nighttime offerings at Animal Kingdom.

Also there are some great sneak peaks of the new Frozen area in EPCOT, Soarin over the World, 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

For those wishing to have a magical wedding featuring an up-close view of Cinderella Castle (from the East hub gardens), does Disney have a deal for you!:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/you-can-now-marry-right-in-front-of-cinderella-castle-at-disney-world_us_57278ffde4b0f309baf172cb

Previously, the closest one could get was either the wedding pav. at the GF or on the train station platform inside the MK on MSUSA.  For the price, they ought to throw in a night or 2 inside the Castle suite!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just in time for the holiday season, Disney will begin offering (as of Sun) daily cabana rental in the MK.  There look to be about a dozen or so placed between the Tomorrowland arcade and Space.  Each cabana accommodates 8, and daily rental is $649.  For your money, you get the following:

1. Shaded area

2. Fruit basket

3. Hand sanitizer

4. Mini fridge/freezer

5. Personalized Mickey ears

6. Charging station

7. Sunscreen

8. Coca-Cola products

9. "exclusive" viewing area for parades and fireworks

10.  One time delivery of up to 8 ice cream treats

11. Other light appetizers/snacks.

The cabanas look like the white hospitality tents found on golf courses.  Anyone interested can call Disney or reserve through any Disney hotel concierge.  The MK is crowded enough during the holidays, so I can't imagine what this will do to pedestrian traffic.

Source: WDW News

• Like 1

That's not terrible... $82 a person for a group of 8.

Ears are $25?

Ice cream 5?

Depending on the food and snacks let's say $10.

So that's about $40 per person for the viewing area, a nice looking tent with furniture, and a rest spot. Maybe not great if you go by your self and family but if you go with 3 other couples, or two families of four....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I agree if broken down, the cost isn't all that bad, but the average parkgoer may see this as another cash grab to separate the haves v have nots.  I'm sure they'll be booked solid throughout december and early jan, given their relative scarcity.  

Not necessarily.  Some families who wouldn't be considered wealthy save for quite a while to afford a trip down there.  Disney's own website has a tool whereby people can deposit money into a savings account per se that's linked to their trip.  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I don't like that water parks and fun option was also removed as an add on by itself. Now you have to buy a park hopper and add water parks and fun as the park hopper plus for an extra $90. Even a 5 day base ticket without any add ons is almost $75 a day. I know it's not a fair comparison with how different the park are but it makes me appreciate how much of a value Cedar Fair and Six Flags season passes are.

5 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

Have they stated when the new Toy Story attractions will open at Hollywood Studios?  

It would not surprise me if the name of that park changes between now and the time that Star Wars opens.

If I recall correctly, I heard they want a 2019 opening. I think it came out recently this week. Don't quote me though.

I would anticipate a spring/summer 2018 opening as well just to better stagger their openings for new attractions. They have confirmed Avatar for the start of this summer and Star Wars for 2019, so this would give them something for next year in between these two. If it opened the end of this year or early 2019 that would mean no major new additions for 2018. And given teh work completed so far and the theming for it I don't see them needing to extended to 2019 for opening.

I was of the same belief that there was not enough to do at DHS during our past trip that we didn't plan on visiting this past October.  But as our trip was coming to an end we decided to go to DHS instead of a 2nd day at Animal Kingdom.  We were quite surprised at how much fun we had with all of the new Star Wars shows and New Character Interactions.  Ended up being one of our favorite days at Disney.  Disney has done a good job at adding these new experiences while the rest of the park is under construction, DHS never had that many attractions to begin with.  Honestly it was half a park when it opened.  

Very Exciting years ahead for Disney

2017 - AK - Pandora - which looks amazing

2018 - Toy Story Land

2019 - Star Wars Land

Also during this time is the Refurb of Caribbean Beach with addition of Vacation Club

Rumored Aerial Transport between EPCOT, Caribbean Beach, Pop Century, Art of Animation and the Studios

• Like 1

Well, the latest now seemingly-annual price increases (this most recent one began Sunday) should cover a portion of the gondola network they're apparently thinking about!  Note that all tickets now sold must have their first day used by 12/31/18.  Any tickets not used by then will retain their original purchase price value towards the purchase of new tickets.  This is a change from previous policy where tickets bought never had a use-by date until one first enters a park.  Some 3rd-party authorized resellers still have 2016 inventory left, in case anyone is interested in "banking" their tickets for future use, no matter how far out.

• 2 months later...