Bringing Old Flat Rides Back

markr

Now that the scooters have returned to KI I was thinking that it would be nice to bring back other old flats that have since left the park. I just saw an old photo of The Rotor ( showed people doing the silly stuff ) and this made me think about how much I missed that ride. I was thinking that it would be nice to have that ride back. ( If it was possible. )

Any thoughts on whether this is a possibility or am I dreaming?

• Like 3

Please, not a Rotor! It's one of the few ride experiences I thoroughly disliked, and I'd really hate to be in one during a protein spill!

I can't even recall the last time you got excited enough to use exclamation points and/or underlining. :P

• Like 3

+1 vote for Skylab's return from me.

Don't know how many ride ops would agree with you- there's a weird sideways gallop halfway around the ride until you meet up with the other checker, then back again the other way-

Great for your outer thighs, bad on your knees.

• Like 3

Tumble Bug was such an awesome ride! I'd love to see it "return."

As I was walking by the big, open field that used to have Saltwater Circus and Burnout Spectacular, I kept thinking how nicely a nice, colorful Paratrooper ride would look in that space. Not something I remember the park having, but a nostalgic flat to be sure.

• Like 6

The removal of the water fall in Tower Gardens only made it more obvious how under utilized that space is *. If the restroom across from Hank's was relocated closer to the tower, there would be more than enough room for 2, maybe even 3 classic flats. A Trabant, a Roundup, and though there was never one there, to my memory, a Tilt-a-Whirl, or a Shooting Star or...........

The Coney Mall area could then start at the path that goes that way, maybe change Hanks to a Skyline.

It would truly mean the end of Oktoberfest, but it seems that's a done deal. Vikings Fury, and Adventure Express don't really scream German to me anyway. Rebranding those 2 could be problematic.

* Yes, even a dreaded smoker can see this.

• Like 4

Rather than expanding Coney Mall itself they could just utilize that space along with the area that did have Snoopy's Starlight Spectaular to put in a few flats and perhaps even being back the Les Taxis (make an electric version that doesn't use has possibly). Then just make that all part of Internstional Street and be a hub around the base of Eiffel Tower. Utilizing the Tower Gardens space along with the grassy areas you get get multiple flat rides in there.

• Like 5

I'd like to see one of those double skywheels. It's like a ferris wheel only more thrilling. I've only ever seen one at the Bluegrass Fair. It was a blast.

036922b47f42de82577d8eff6d36e98e.jpg

Also I second the votes for a paratrooper. Would be great somewhere in Coney Mall.

Also, a flying carpet ride. Those are SOOOO much fun.

• Like 2

Perfect place for Rotor if possible to bring one back would be the location of old Flight Commander . At any rate, love the various suggestions as to flats that others wish we could bring back. ( Especially Cuddle Up.)

• Like 2

Perfect place for Rotor if possible to bring one back would be the location of old Flight Commander . At any rate, love the various suggestions as to flats that others wish we could bring back. ( Especially Cuddle Up.)

A Rotor would be great addition, but that type of ride could easily make its way into X-Base ( a place that has no flat rides or restrooms) and be themed as a UFO or something along those lines.
  • Like 2