2016 announcement?

Oldschool75

If we get an addition, it will most likely be announced later. Traditionally, the earliest you'll see an announcement for any new attractions is August. Cedar Fair has brought some kind of marketable improvements to the park every year since they acquired it, so I'd wager a dollar to a donut that we'll get some kind of new thing, but I'd imagine nothing on the scale of Banshee or Diamondback or we'd have seen work started by now.

• Like 13

I seriously doubt, IMHO, it will be a coaster. I also recall that somewhere it was stated that there would be no dark ride installations in the parks next year.... this leaves Soak City or perhaps another flat ride or two. My guess, in the former pattern of the park (main park, kiddie land, water park installation) something in Soak City. But I've been way off base before, and CF has been full of surprises too....so it's anybody's guess.

• Like 1

I could see the waterpark getting an expansion. When weather is good, that place draws a HUGE crowd. However I wouldn't be surprised if Rivertown is up next, it's been somewhat neglected in ways for awhile unless you count RHoF as an expansion. Something makes me think that the box will potentially be utilized in some way. If not, I'd bet at least the blacktop gets ripped up finally at minimum over there.

My thing is I'd like to see:

Eiffel Tower repainted (It's borderline terrible, it's rusted and flaking like hell)

Band Organ fixed for good (pay someone to do it right, last years half assed job was great and all, but it didn't last, and early this year it sounded like crap)

Fix lights on everything. There's no reason Vortex chaser lights should be burnt out, or the Carousel, or anything. This isn't the Kinzel era. Cedar Point was a night and day difference with Ouimet and it looks much better. Fix this here.

Find something to do with the majority of Tower Gardens and the old Starlight area. Just grass is somewhat wasteful to me. There's so much room to utilize. Also while add it, fix or get rid of International Showplace...

Make the fountains on the Street like the ones at Kings Dominion with the black bottom an dancing fountains. I'd love to see the pedestal deals stay incorporated as they look great, however, if they left I wouldn't be completely bummed considering what the new fountains can do and how it'd look

They did all that one year, I'd be happy, no park improvement, no large capital addition, nothing. Just give me some TLC and some fresh stuff, and I'm a happy dude. However I'm not the target market, some people want a capital expense, so it is what it is.

• Like 15

Would love to get a new flat ride or two. Think the grassy area behind the Eiffel Tower is perfect for a couple like a tilt-a-whirl or such. Should be pretty cheap installations for ones like that to get a couple. A new big thrill ride, maybe in X-Base, would be a great addition too.

That'd be my top choice but be fine with a new slide tower at Soak City too. It could really use some additions.

• Like 8

I've always thought a nice Zamperla Hawk 48 (like Kennywood's Aero 360 and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom's Hammerhead Shark) would be a lovely addition to said grassy area. Four forward- and four backward spins on an inverted "Kamikaze"-style flat would be an awesome thrill! It could be themed however the park sees fit, and, after seeing the epic lighting packages of WindSeeker and Shake, Rattle & Roll, who knows what kind of nighttime coolness guests would encounter coming up out of Rivertown! 

:lol:  Look whatcha did! You got me daydreaming!

• Like 8

Band Organ fixed for good (pay someone to do it right, last years half assed job was great and all, but it didn't last, and early this year it sounded like crap)

I heard KI's this year (the ride op turned it on for us after we begged) and I agree, it was out of tune, but you haven't truly heard an out of tune carousel organ until you've heard Conneaut Lake Park's.  I couldn't believe the dissonance emanating from that thing last year, and it's the same this year according to the video that chugh43 posted on Facebook earlier this month.  KI's is nowhere near as bad.

• Like 7

Would love to get a new flat ride or two. Think the grassy area behind the Eiffel Tower is perfect for a couple like a tilt-a-whirl or such. Should be pretty cheap installations for ones like that to get a couple. A new big thrill ride, maybe in X-Base, would be a great addition too.

That'd be my top choice but be fine with a new slide tower at Soak City too. It could really use some additions.

When the park expands X base, I would encourage them to build a restroom building as well! As it is, the nearest ones are at either end of Coney.

• Like 13