2016 new park additions.

westcoaster

To the mother of Kings Island what does the gem on the banks of the river have in store for 2016. I don't think it will be huge still hoping for a family lig flume dark ride of sorts or a coastet even in size with Stricker Grove.

Time shall see but let's just hope for the once big park in Cincinnati will continue to grow.

• Like 7

To those that dont know who the mother of Kings Island is.. it's Cincinnati's Coney Island.

As far as my thoughts, I think a log flume returning to Coney would be fun but Im not so sure if its the kind of addition that's best to happen there. In the last two years they saw two adult flats that are kinda fun and great fun.

I feel if they are to add something, it might be away from the dry park.

Though if Im wrong, which is very likely, I think a dark ride would be awesome to have at coney. And they could easily have the best dark ride in the region because lord knows there isnt an outstanding one around town currently.

• Like 4

Well, ponder this.  The rides side has seen a new addition each of the last three seasons.  The last new addition over at Sunlite Pool was Twister, which opened in 2009.  

This year saw the introduction of TopSpin and Fender Bender.  Last year saw the introduction of Wipeout.  And 2013 saw the introduction of Como Cruisers, which replaced the Bumper Boats.  

I think its about time the pool get something new.

I agree that a log flume on the dry side would be a big hit.  So too would a miniature train ride akin to Stricker`s Grove.  I also think that a Gravity Group ride would be an immense hit at Coney...

• Like 7

Well, ponder this.  The rides side has seen a new addition each of the last three seasons.  The last new addition over at Sunlite Pool was Twister, which opened in 2009.  

This year saw the introduction of TopSpin and Fender Bender.  Last year saw the introduction of Wipeout.  And 2013 saw the introduction of Como Cruisers, which replaced the Bumper Boats.  

I think its about time the pool get something new.

I agree that a log flume on the dry side would be a big hit.  So too would a miniature train ride akin to Stricker`s Grove.  I also think that a Gravity Group ride would be an immense hit at Coney...

A Gravity Group coaster would be a big hit at Coney.. But, wouldn't the chance of flood be a reason not to build wooden there anymore? And why a fairly cheap steel coaster is the only one currently there?

Though, if we could dream, one of The Gravity Group's mini-woodies would be a blast to have at Coney. Obviously not intertwined with a bunch of other coasters, but something of this caliber would be a dream come true.. if nature would allow it.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Look at the recent history of additions at Coney.  This year the rides side saw the addition of two new rides.  Last year Wipeout replaced a ride.  2013 also saw a ride replaced by another ride (Como Cruisers replaced bumper boats).  The last new addition over at Sunlite Pool was the Twister water slides, which were installed back in 2009.  So it might be time for something new over at Sunlite.  

But then again, a water ride or log flume could be a big hit at Coney as well.  

It is quite hard to see into the future before something actually happens.  

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...