Haunt 2016

Bradenwhite

I'll admit, Sam's performance was on point. Even though I made the mistake of saying I like my meat well done, it was a great job, kudos! (Which of course i would take meat raw at the Slaughterhouse.) But the surprise was nice, maybe a bit too drawn out, it was still my favorite this year. However, someone needs to tell momma that you guys need kangaroo meat, two years already and still none!

• Like 3

Was there a spider room? I sure didn't see it. Was it towards the beginning?

Also, can I just say that Blackout is the most terrifing maze I've ever done (due to the loud noises and darkness, which made for sustained terror)? The whole Stormy Ascent Crash Bandicoot 1 vibe (due to the sound effects) was cool for like 2 seconds, then I wanted to just find my way out. It's like there are all the other Haunt mazes, and then there's Blackout. If you enjoy getting scared, do Blackout.

However, I'll still may end up doing it again next year.

• Like 1

There at least used to be. It was probably 60% or 70% of the way through. I believe there were plastic spiders on the wall and a giant spider prop overhead.

I know you had to be touching the right wall to actually experience it last year. Every time I went through this year, they had us follow the left wall. I never thought to look and see if it was still there.

• Like 1

Spiders are my big fear, and honestly I couldn't see much the first time through, because I was at the back of a group of tall friends. Then I hear them start apologizing for what is ahead. I close my eyes and when I think we're past it, I open them. Just in time to see that the thing that just brushed across my shoulder was a GIANT spider, hanging from the ceiling. The light flashed, at just the right moment allowing me to see it perfectly.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

I did Wolf Pack two Fridays ago, and it was interesting. I'd describe it as a lot of things that could potentially scare you, but with one really loud scare. Also, walking up to WP was cool as it was SOB's old queue, I didn't realize how narrow that path is!

You might of seen me in Wolfpack. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I didn't read through 15 pages, but I was just wondering where KI's haunt compares to all the other themes parks in the grand scheme of things. Is it a top 5 or 10 in your opinion? I've been watching tons of Halloween events at theme parks on youtube and Universal Studios Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa look absolutely incredible. Anybody been? What other haunts have you been to and how do they rate against KI?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2017 at 2:04 AM, presto123 said:

I didn't read through 15 pages, but I was just wondering where KI's haunt compares to all the other themes parks in the grand scheme of things. Is it a top 5 or 10 in your opinion? I've been watching tons of Halloween events at theme parks on youtube and Universal Studios Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa look absolutely incredible. Anybody been? What other haunts have you been to and how do they rate against KI?

Check out the video posted by BB1, and I think you'll be able to tell from the pictures the original poster used. If you were basing it purely off of theming, I don't think it compares to Universal Orlando.

On 3/13/2017 at 11:57 AM, KatieF said:

Check out the video posted by BB1, and I think you'll be able to tell from the pictures the original poster used. If you were basing it purely off of theming, I don't think it compares to Universal Orlando.

Thanks for the reply. Can't wait to visit KI again, but if I'm choosing a Halloween event I think Orlando is my bucket list.

• Like 1