Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I'm confused by the "zones" on the plans. Why are there zones and why are they such odd angles? It almost looks like rooms in a dark ride structure in some ways. What if something is going to be constructed behind the railroad tracks to behind WWC, just not this attraction?

This design submitted could easily fit in the area behind Racer and next to FOF.

Wild thought. What if this were an indoor GCI Indoor roller coaster very much like Thoe's or JCoaster25's?

There are way more cleared spaces in the woods and flags that to me don't line up with this design layout.

• Like 4

I just need to put something out there.

As someone who knows TheDevariousEffect in real life better than most here do, I find it highly unlikely that he is Beast Gal. Beast Gal's account was created long before his original ban. Like, nearly a year before.

Those assertions are not fair to Beast Gal. Some of us may find her annoying, but I don't personally think she's done anything really ban-worthy and given that he did, until we have some real evidence, I don't think it's fair to make assumptions about her. I am also pretty confident that GavPenn isn't him, because a reverse images search on Google shows the same avatar on other websites associated with accounts of the same user name. So unless this is all an incredibly elaborate ruse, I think you're all being a little unfair to both of them.

I will also say that I honestly do not know whether he has an account on here again or not. And while we are friends in real life, I would not risk the good standing of my account here to help him hide if I did know anything.

Let's stop with this "guilty until proven innocent" nonsense. I don't really care for their posts here either. But we can at least be fair about things until we have some concrete evidence that they've broken the rules.

Also, even if they have broken rules, that is on Dane, Ryan, and the rest of the moderating team to decide, not everyone else. If you suspect rules have been broken, use the report button and let mods investigate. No need to make public accusations.

Now, back to decoding.

What'd he get banned for?

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

^^^ here isnt the place for that conversation, and I honestly don't know every detail of it anyway. Regardless, all I'm getting at is that we should take care to avoid throwing accusations of TOS violations at people if we have no proof. If we do have proof, we should use the report button to alert a moderator and provide our evidence to them and allow them to be the judge.

• Like 5

I'm confused by the "zones" on the plans. Why are there zones and why are they such odd angles? It almost looks like rooms in a dark ride structure in some ways. What if something is going to be constructed behind the railroad tracks to behind WWC, just not this attraction?

This design submitted could easily fit in the area behind Racer and next to FOF.

Wild thought. What if this were an indoor GCI Indoor roller coaster very much like Thoe's or JCoaster25's?

There are way more cleared spaces in the woods and flags that to me don't line up with this design layout.

I tried placing the coaster in the environment again, using the assumption that Zones 2 and 3 are separated by the train bridge. It appears to have DB heaving through it--the "drop" supports get right up against DB's first hill and part of Z3 runs directly parallel to DB after the MCBR-- and the brakerun is right up against the resevoir. It feels a bit too close to work, but it lines up pretty well. Plus, when I opened the pictures, I expected to need to rotate the coaster to match the bridge, but it appears that north on the layout is also north on Google Maps.

That at least says that Z2 and Z3 are geographically-based, while Z1A-C appears to be more technical lift/brake sections.

EDIT: Nvmd. Looking in 3D DB and the resevoir aren't cooperating.

• Like 2

So I decided to have some fun in NL2, and I made this coaster based on the leaked layout. Please note it's best not to take this too seriously. It's just a concept that I threw together to visualize the potential coaster that could come with the layout. I went for a realistic GCI approach, and it comes out to something akin to Prowler or White Lightning. Quick, tight, ground-hugging, and twisty. Personally I'd be pretty excited if a coaster like this would be coming to KI next year.

This actually seems very accurate to the print. I would be happy with something like this but I still think the print looks like a pretty short coaster.

For the record, I did overlay the print into No Limits and built the coaster on top of it, doing my best to scale it correctly, as well as look closely at the bent spacing to determine where the airtime peaks and valleys might be. Less dense bent spacing = airtime. More dense bent spacing = high g moments.

screenshot-2016-06-13-00-29-06.png

• Like 20

Looking at the plans, it looks like there's maybe two station houses in Zone 1A (I don't know exactly what I'm looking at).

Would it be possible that one is load and another is unload (like Flight of Fear). Would that increase capacity at all? It seems like it might, but I really don't know. People COULD load a train faster if they didn't have to wait for someone to get out, I just don't know if the extra stop to unload actually increases capacity.

Typically on a GCI the first building is part of the brake run and is the train storage and maintenance. It is one of the signature items on a GCI coaster and just stands out on the layout as something you would see on a GCI.

I'm no roller coaster genius. However, using logic, to answer your question (even if there won't be two stations on this ride), I would generally believe having two stations would speed things up. With 2 stations, you should have an ABSOLUTE minimum of three trains on the track (one would think). Train 1 at load. Train 2 in circuit/on the lift. Train 3 at unload.

If there are block brakes, then you could add additional trains.

In a perfect world with perfect capacity with 3 trains on the track, train 1 would dispatch immediately after train 2 clears the lift. Train 3 would proceed from unload to load as soon as train 1 clears the station.

With perfect capacity, it creates a constant cycle of 1 train in circuit, 1 train at unload, and 1 train at load...rather than having 1 or 2 trains sit on the block brakes as 1 train loads and waits to leave the station.

Not having loose articles bins and not having seat belts in strange places (FOF) really helps to speed things up a lot, too. Safety is obviously always the #1 concern, but seat belts really do slow things down A LOT on certain rides (FOF, Beast, Racer, and Drop Tower...just to name a few).

*LetsRide actually not trying to be sassy for once*

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

^Great Ride!

Do GCI's have good capacity? I've heard it wasn't terrible but at a park like KI, would it be a good people mover like the B&Ms or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCI aren't that bad on capacity around anywhere from 850 to 1,750 an hour 24 ppl a train so not a B&M but not bad overall

What GCI is getting anywhere close to 1700 that isn't a racing coaster?
  • Like 5

^Great Ride!

Do GCI's have good capacity? I've heard it wasn't terrible but at a park like KI, would it be a good people mover like the B&Ms or not?

GCI aren't that bad on capacity around anywhere from 850 to 1,750 an hour 24 ppl a train so not a B&M but not bad overall

850 -1750 is a pretty wide gap.

• Like 2

I noticed that as well.

• Like 1

I'm curious what an indoor wooden coaster would be like. It's definitely an intriguing idea. I'd look it up to see if any have ever been made, but I'm kinda lazy...

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. I've ridden two of them. The Devil's Den at Conneaut Lake Park and Haunted House at Camden. Yes, I consider them coasters by every definition of the word.

• Like 5

They may be hyping up a woodie so much because our last standing one was built in '79.

Or a first of their kind in the chain..whoops said too much.

You do have the plans... Is there anything on the blueprints that would indicate RMC being the manufacturer? I know others that claim to have seen the plans have indicated the same. Please enlighten us...

^Great Ride!

I  was only using a general range of all GCI's not just the single tracked rides. For example Joris en de Draak at Efteling can hold 1,750 riders an hour with 4 trains and 24 passengers. on the other hand Wodan Timbur Coaster is the largest single track GCI woodie and It can do 1,250 an hour with 3 trains and 24 passengers. my guess is that they will want to run around this amount to get the best results. (FYI a Gravity group woodie will run anywhere from 700 to 1,200 based upon what train they decide to use obviously voyage uses PTC trains and so it can run 1,200 riders an hr where Cu Chulainn runs 700 with the timberliners. The more you know!)

• Like 1

I'm still not sold KI is getting a wood coaster! One thing the park is lacking is launch coaster!

double post

Not to be rude, but why do people do this?

The second post was likely a repeat of the first- a common error people, including myself, make from mobile. Instead of keeping two identical posts some will edit the second to say "double post" rather than make someone read the same thing twice.

• Like 8

OMG, check out the replies to KI's last Twitter post! They're hysterical.

LOL!

For those who are confused, reference: https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/742482648224927744 Look at the reply thread starting with "I'm sure it'll make enthusiasts bark with delight". :)

That was quite an unbe-leaf-able yet entertaining way to kill some time! :D

• Like 5

^I get what you're saying but there's nothing indicating this would be a dual tracked coaster. Which is why I don't think including hourly capacity for those as relevant. Heck Gwazi had a theoretical of 2800+ but it isn't relevant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

I get what you saying but I haven't said once that this would be a dual tracked ride I was just claiming general amounts. that is my bad I should have explained myself a bit. Hourly capacity is actually a great hypothetical to run upon to get a baseline of how good/ bad a ride is on getting people through the queue. Example a smaller park can work quite well with a ride that runs 675 riders an hour, yet a park like KI would suffer a bit with a hourly capacity like this (unless it is a kiddie coaster). I also did show a capacity for Wodan Timbur Coaster and It can do 1,250 an hour with 3 trains and 24 passengers

• Like 1

So I decided to have some fun in NL2, and I made this coaster based on the leaked layout. Please note it's best not to take this too seriously. It's just a concept that I threw together to visualize the potential coaster that could come with the layout. I went for a realistic GCI approach, and it comes out to something akin to Prowler or White Lightning. Quick, tight, ground-hugging, and twisty. Personally I'd be pretty excited if a coaster like this would be coming to KI next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JHsr-l9aKU

This actually seems very accurate to the print. I would be happy with something like this but I still think the print looks like a pretty short coaster.

For the record, I did overlay the print into No Limits and built the coaster on top of it, doing my best to scale it correctly, as well as look closely at the bent spacing to determine where the airtime peaks and valleys might be. Less dense bent spacing = airtime. More dense bent spacing = high g moments.

screenshot-2016-06-13-00-29-06.png

You obviously nailed this layout, but looking in the background... You completely cloned Diamondback! Great job.

• Like 4