Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

So yeah. I guess rumors will be true. Diamondback will be shutting down early for the Gp to access the area.

A way to mark this for sure is that workers doing clearing are lot allowed in certain areas while DB is operating.

---

As a side note. I also heard about WWC and Train closing earlier than the parks closing day. I'm really not sure about that one.

• Like 7

...okay, I know I'm not the only one finding it odd that the announcement is taking place beside The Crypt and not the former entrance to WWC. Of course they'll use the giant 90 foot wall of steel behind them as a projector screen (maybe even using a 3D projector as seen on Lumenocity), but both Banshee and Diamondback's stages were almost right on top of what would eventually become the entrance plaza and queue area.

• Like 7

KI had this site picked out due to area of the park since it can hold the most people, near the actual project. The construction site area would have been small and needed a larger venue. I would have preferred Timberwolf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

So yeah. I guess rumors will be true. Diamondback will be shutting down early for the Gp to access the area.

A way to mark this for sure is that workers doing clearing are lot allowed in certain areas while DB is operating.

---

As a side note. I also heard about WWC and Train closing earlier than the parks closing day. I'm really not sure about that one.

Let's hope the train re-route does not eliminate the stop at Soak City - but if it is, we can expect Soak City to be separate admission...

• Like 1

So Splintercat it is. I believe someone said that pretty early on. So just for a good read guys check this out

http://www.splintercat.org/SplintercatMainFolder/Splintercat/StoryOfTheSplintercat.html

As woodsmen know, the splintercat is a nocturnal feline animal of great ferocity. It flies through the air with terrific speed and when it hits a large tree, it knocks the branches off, withers the trunk and leaves it standing like a silvery ghost.

• Like 9

What I'm about to say might be somewhat of an unpopular opinion, but I honestly do not like the name "SplinterCat". I can't give an exact reason, but the name just feels cheesy and unpolished. I also don't know how the park could tie in a theme with the name. With that being said, I'm sure whatever Kings Island is building for 2017 will be a fantastic attraction, regardless of what it is called. I'm just glad that the announcement isn't so late in the season this time...

• Like 6

So, Yo Adrian, the Blue Engine is Key, Roll Out the Barrel, you'll need this ax, Bears on Beds on a football field, and they'll definitely come, all points to "Splintercat." Wow. Who knew?

I know right. Could still be good clues though. The barrels could indicate barrel rolls. I don't know but can't wait to find out!

^^^^ to the guy who doesn't like the name did you read about the splintercat yet?

Sent from the future while riding #KIProject2017 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I agree, I don't care for the name a bit, just feels cheesy.  At the end of the day, all that I'll really care about is the ride experience, the name will grow on me no matter what it is.  Also note, while this may well be the name, I'm not going to put it past Don to put this out there to throw us off.  Obviously he reads this board, occasionally posts, so he's well aware that Splintercat has been speculated here.  It was roughly this time (in relation to the announcment) when pictures of a winged coaster called The Bat popped up on a KI website that "accidentally" was leaked.  If there was a Splintercat trade mark, then I'd feel confident, for now I'm not so sure.

• Like 11

So Splintercat it is. I believe someone said that pretty early on. So just for a good read guys check this out

http://www.splintercat.org/SplintercatMainFolder/Splintercat/StoryOfTheSplintercat.html

As woodsmen know, the splintercat is a nocturnal feline animal of great ferocity. It flies through the air with terrific speed and when it hits a large tree, it knocks the branches off, withers the trunk and leaves it standing like a silvery ghost.

OR he could be playin with ya.

• Like 4

Ok so Ive done some more reading on Splintercats. After reading from a couple different pages the really emphasize the Splintercats speed. Maybe a woodcoaster speed record?

The splintercat is a nocturnal feline animal of great ferocity. It charges with terrific speed and when it hits a large tree, it knocks the branches off, withers the trunk and leaves it standing like a silvery ghost. These dead snags can be seen in many parts of the Pacific Northwest. The splinter cat performs this feat that it is named after to expose sap and honey from beehives to eat. However, advised to never approach a splintercat the act of breaking open trees with its head leaves it with a constant headache, which causes it always to be in a foul mood. Accordingly, one is advised to never approach a splintercat.

There are a couple different concepts for what splintercats look like as well.  Im glad Don picked the one he did. There are some weak ones out there.
  • Like 5