Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

On 1/16/2017 at 3:26 PM, gforce1994 said:

IMG_4223.JPG

Some leaks aren't bad. There even may be leaks in the forest.

I said this referring to the older post that was asking how to prevent hearing leaks of what is in the shed of mystic timbers. I really don't mind if I find out before I ride. But other people do so I'm trying to give them a solution, Also I really don't get the forest joke so can someone explain that to me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fryoj said:

You answered your own question, but just didn't account for station height off the ground. 750 + 24(brake height)=774. 763 + 12(station height)= 775. The inaccuracy of the topo map and estimating off pictures surely accounts for the +/- 2 feet. 

No, the track height in the station is 763. The 775-763 difference still applies.

I have ultimate faith in GCI but I'm afraid that if they do a drop track it might have maintenance issues than anticipated. Look how great RMC is doing and then they made the first ever launched wooden coaster and it's always down. Firsts of its kind don't always work out as hoped no matter how good the manufacturer is.

Yeah thats because of who RMC contracted for the job. A company that hasnt done that before with a long term track record.
LSM technology launches wasnt a new technology. Maverick was my first awareness of it.. and many have come afterwards.. and B&M then did it, and theirs works fine.
Drop tracks arent a new technology. They just need to hire the right people if a drop track were happening.

And I choose to believe if someone guessed correctly, theyd simply have no comment, or would say someone said it right by guessing.
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

No, the track height in the station is 763. The 775-763 difference still applies.

Actually, if you bring up google earth, you can plot out the ride path and elevation and it shows the ground drops at least 10 feet there then more as it goes down to the reservoir. It has the ground level at the station as 763 feet. Now it's not exact, but it is a lot easier to plot out and tell whats going on than the other topo site. Either way, none of the shots we have are are of an angle or quality that would allow us to make definitive height guesses. 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2017 at 7:56 PM, calakapepe said:

It's clickable, the source is right there in front of you.
https://twitter.com/DonHelbig/status/758374564107849730

Since the update of the forum software it may be a little confusing to know what to source now. If a picture is added that hyperlinks back to the source, like the above post, then there is no need to source below it. The hyperlink complies with the TOS. 

Respectively, if you're adding a picture that does not link back to the source and it belongs to someone else, please source your picture to comply with the TOS. Thanks!

Please message a moderator if you have questions!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Since the update of the forum software it may be a little confusing to know what to source now. If a picture is added that hyperlinks back to the source, like the above post, then there is no need to source below it. The hyperlink complies with the TOS. 

Respectively, if you're adding a picture that does not link back to the source and it belongs to someone else, please source your picture to comply with the TOS. Thanks!

Please message a moderator if you have questions!

I wasn't going to add the secondary link. But on mobile through Tapatalk, you couldn't even see the image :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

nothing has been confirmed as of yet. 

The newly released 2017 operating calendar shows the park as closed for a private event the Friday before opening day. I doubt they'd sell the park out before even opening to the general public, so I suspect this is a pass holder preview event. Of course, it could also be the charity auction, but I'm thinking that'd be Thursday along with media day.

• Like 4

I wondered why the WWC path was built at such an odd direction with the covered path in a strange areas... now I can see why. The path hugs the track and the covered path is protective cover for falling objects.... hmmmm, I'm making a mental note for future construction projects!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Just by looking at the webcam, it'll be interesting to see how much clearance to the train has as MT's station is on one side of the tracks while most of the track is on the other. I'm sure the train won't crash into our beloved coaster and the clearance will all work out fine, but it'll be interesting to see it in person (or, if Don could take a pic to post on social media to show the track crossing over the train, that would be great! ^_^)

• Like 4

The clearance just looks so decieving for the shed/station area. I understand that this station building looks to be a good 2 stories tall based on perspective and the workers, but it just "feels" so low compared to the grand sized shed from the renderings. I'm sure it'll be fine as we already adressed...just feels way too low.

As for the shed itself, I'm on board for a multi-scene Verbolten-esque sequence with an open floor for the train to pass through. Can make the experience very immersive and having multiple sections of the shed each with several sequences will make the changing ending very reridable....Perhaps a section of track (likely a block brake) won't drop perse, but could have some motion to it to make the scenes more 4-dimensional? I'm talking like a simulator attraction with just a bit of back and forth or something....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Drummermattk said:

I know this isn't Timbers related, but does anyone else see anything happening behind FOF in the top right corner? I know that isn't snow cause it's like 60 degrees in Ohio and hasn't snowed since like New Years.

banshee.jpg

That is a good point. I hadn't even been paying attention to the Banshee cam, but that Definately looks like footers or storage for something. 

• Like 3

Congrats DrummerMattk! :D I'm super excited for Mystic Timbers and I'm sure you and the rest of the crew will do a phenomenal job introducing Mystic Timbers into the Kings Island coaster lineup! Also, props to all rides crews;you all have a lot of responsibilities and handle them effortlessly!

• Like 8