Mystic Timbers Construction Progress

stashua123

After seeing all that fog this morning, I thought how cool it would be to ride Mystic Timbers in the fog. I can only imagine what it's like to slolum back and forth not knowing exactly what direction you are going. Really looking forwards to night rides. I hope there is a light show similar to Banshee that lends an air of mystery to the night rides. Also, I hope that some trees are replanted in the bare areas.

• Like 7

Oh don If your reading these suggestions for theming (im sure you are)........................................ Please make it happen.

Construction should be finished soon honestly as this week its supposed to be like 60-70 degrees and they could get ALOT done since it wont be freezing out.
Personally I would like to see some kind of noise before you drop, but then again I think that would take away from Banshee. 

• Like 3

I love this little make shift ladder for getting up and down on the lower areas.....those boys must've gotten worn out from all the climbing on the lift hill, LOL

And a few up close pics of some of these skilled carpenters handiwork, kudos boys, fine work! :)

MT9-600x399.jpg

MT18-600x399.jpg

MT8-600x399.jpg

MT7-600x399.jpg

Photo credit to http://www.coaster101.com/2017/02/11/guest-blog-mystic-timbers-construction-update/

• Like 9

Don's stated those are still available. The track doesnt interfere with that.

Im pretty sure the track is in the area that was fenced off last year.. if you remember how that area used to be much larger including shaded benches to sit at after riding WWC. In more recent times it has been fenced off so the fence leads to the soaker pay stations

• Like 2

^I'm wondering if that's a state regulation. Down in Florida the WDWRR engineers would climb up onto the tender and fill it with water, similar to what our engineers do now. However, Florida law started that anyone standing on an elevation higher than 8 feet would have to wear safety equipment. They found a way around the law and just climb around the tender and fill it up using hand rails as opposed to climbing over it. I wonder if that law applies in Ohio now as well. Maybe there might be some steps installed to the water tower so make for quick and easy access. 

Either that or its to hold up some vines #theming

• Like 3

5 hours ago, calakapepe said:

Don's stated those are still available. The track doesnt interfere with that.

Im pretty sure the track is in the area that was fenced off last year.. if you remember how that area used to be much larger including shaded benches to sit at after riding WWC. In more recent times it has been fenced off so the fence leads to the soaker pay stations

For visual reference:

IMG_6759.JPG

The track presumably now comes through the area on the far side of the fence from the change machine in that pic. As I took it, the tubes to shoot at WWC were to the left and behind me. I think they will be preserved. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

^I'm wondering if that's a state regulation. Down in Florida the WDWRR engineers would climb up onto the tender and fill it with water, similar to what our engineers do now. However, Florida law started that anyone standing on an elevation higher than 8 feet would have to wear safety equipment. They found a way around the law and just climb around the tender and fill it up using hand rails as opposed to climbing over it. I wonder if that law applies in Ohio now as well. Maybe there might be some steps installed to the water tower so make for quick and easy access. 

Either that or its to hold up some vines #theming

I doubt that a Florida law would really apply here in Ohio. 

With just seeing it on the webcam and not in person, I'm guessing it's just to spruce it up a bit.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zayzayd13 said:

It's a picture of two tweets, the first from @John_Ford24 asking "Will the Mystic Timbers Trains arrive soon?" and then @KingsIslandPR replied saying "The trains will arrive in a matter of days." 

Not sure why the link isn't working, but if you go to their twitter the tweets are still there. 

• Like 2

Do you think there will be lights integrated into the train's headlights'? Highly unlikely if they were on the whole course of the ride with KI's awesome night ride track record. It would be cool if they were lit in the station and turned off right before the first drop and turned them back on again as the train approaches the shed.

• Like 4

Probably not the Ride op needs to be able to see where he is going. Just in case there are objects or people on the tracks. I know when I worked there in 03 we got to and from white water canyon by walking the train tracks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4