Need some quick help

harmony29

Hoping someone can give me some quick advice. We went to Cedar Point today and unfortunately had a pretty bad experience due to the water main break. Our friend that is with us is big, I had no idea as I've not seen her in three years. Well she only fit on two coasters at the point and got mad and made a scene. I don't want a repeat tomorrow and was wondering which ones are restrictive for people of size. My husband is a big guy, 6'2" and 245lbs, has never had an issue and the only ride he had trouble on at CP was wicked twister so I'm not familiar on what rides are small. I know this is discussed a lot and I'm not asking if she will fit just which ones to probably avoid. I posted on the CP forum about all the headaches we had due to the water main break and they got rude, so please be gentle.

I actually just read your posts over on point buzz. Sorry about your friend's attitude and a probable bad day tommorow. The only one I suspect she won't have a problem on is The Bat. There are a few I have not tried like Adventure Express but DBack, Banshee, Beast are a no go for me. I go for my kids and it is great motivation to stick to the diet plan.

Here is a recent thread that may help. http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/32257-weight-help/

May I suggest a day at Soak City (buy her a suit if you have to), there is nothing I can't do there. I flip over on the tube slides about 40% of the time but just flip on your back and ride it out as a body slide. Staying on your stomach is painful on the knees. Skip the mat slide, to much air time, the landing is brutal. The cool thing about slides is the heavier you are the faster you go. :)

One other thing, the rides are not small, some of us are just ridiculously large. I am 5'10" and 310lbs (down 20), if I keep it up I probably won't get to see my grandkids. Look on the bright side, maybe some good will eventually come from this experience.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

• Like 5

Thanks I will definitely let you know how things turn out. My husband is a big guy and only had problems on wicked twister at CP, never anything else. Her attitude is what has been a challenge, she thinks because she lives in the land of Disney that all parks should be like them. No if you are too big to ride it's because it's a safety issue and not to humiliate you.

• Like 1

I added a paragraph above. The log flume should be ok, but White Water Canyon (big raft ride) could present problems. I have to straddle two seats and still struggle to get the seat belt on. It's not comfortable.

I hate to agree with Beast Gal (/jk) but she is right. I am all gut, or so I thought until I couldn't even slide my fat ass all the way back into test seat on Gatekeeper. I measured my self and I have much larger hips than my wife, I was shocked.

I am a big fellow myself (6', 260).  I can fit on all of the rides, but some are really uncomfortable.  There are test seats outside Delium, Diamondback and Banshee.  I would recommend trying them.

Here is some things look for (from my experience):

Drop Tower is the tightest fitting one in the park.  I have ridden it a couple of times, but it has to be when I have not eaten and they still have to slam me in.  I kind of like to breath, so that one is out.  That is the only one that I have had to take the WOS (walk of shame)

WindSeeker is pretty snug as well.

Banshee has bigger seats in rows 4 and 5.  The only thing to watch out there is getting overbuckled.  They are in a mad rush to disbatch and I have been over ratched down before.

The Beast and Racer have lap bars that must go down a certain level of clicks.

Vortex is pretty forgiving.  I have only seen one WOS, but the guy was pretty tall (I am guessing 6'8"+)

Same goes for Diamondback, but I have seen several WOS from bigger people. However for the most part, it 

The water rides in the main park should be no issue.  I can't comment on the water park, as I have never been in the water there.

I hope it goes ok tomorrow.  It will be a hot one, so keep that in mind.  Have fun!

I don't know her stats exactly, she's about 5'6", 240, she's big chested and her thighs are big. I have a photo on my Facebook page from last night at Cedar Point. She won't do drip tower or deletion. I personally do not like Vortex, too rough for me. I love Banshee, beast and Diamondback and now that I have contacts again I'm going to try thunder hawk as maybe now I won't have that feeling of losing my glasses. I really wish we could just go to the park without her and the drama but we are stuck. I probably would have stuck it out it Cedar Point if it were not for her. One positive thing, KI doesn't have as much walking for me which is a good thing with my hip.

In addition to the other tips, I have one to help as you said she has a larger chest. Sorry to be so blunt about this, but hard to say this appropriately. For the rides with the over the shoulder harnesses, tell her to adjust her chest to go mostly between the open area in the middle. It will help immensely in getting the OTS to latch properly and make her feel more secure.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Well surprise surprise she was able to fit on everything she tried. I doubt she could have gone on Drop Tower as the man next to me couldn't fit and he was not overweight just broad shoulders. She did have a tight squeeze on stunt coaster and she got mad at the ride operator because he was pushing on the lap bar and broke her lanyard. Definitely was a better day than Cedar Point and thanks for the tips, my biggest lesson was I will never travel with someone again unless I know them really well.

• Like 7