Cedar Point Trip 9/18/2016

Rustbucket

We decided to go to Cedar Point for a day on 9/18.  My son and I headed toward Sandusky around 6:30 am.  This has become an annual trip for us.  Sundays in September are the best days to go to Cedar Point as far as crowd goes.  The park is usually not busy at all.

We got to the Park around 10:15 am and immediately head to Millennium Force.  This is what we always do.  Get one ride on MF before heading to Maverick.  I have always like the first drop on MF.  The drop itself make this a good ride even if the rest of the ride is rather average.  I always think this coaster will provide more airtime than it actually does.  Overall, I still have this ride in my top 20 steel coaster.

Maverick has become one of my favorite at CP since the change in restraint system.  This coaster may have been the first that Intamin designed which went overboard.  They did have to make a modification prior to opening.  The original restraint system was somewhat painful.  We rode this 5 times prior to moving on.

Gemini is one of those coasters that is no longer popular but still provide plenty of airtime.  It is difficult to believe now but Gemini was once the tallest coaster in the world.  We always ride this at least once.

Now for Magnum XL-200.  This is still my favorite coaster at CP.  As always, we rode on 6-2.  I love these ejector airtime.  I also think Magnum has the best view of any coaster I have been on.  One other coaster rivals the view is Great White at Morey's Piers.  We rode this 5 times and moved on.

Top Thrill Dragster provide a good rush.  Unfortunately, this is ridiculously short.  I only ride this if the line is short nowadays.  We had 2 walk on rides on Dragster on back seats!  I always hope for a rollback but never get on.  I did get it once about 11 years ago.

I had to do a Power Tower.  I just had to.  I still prefer Drop Tower but this is a decent substitute until next week for my quest to get to 10,000 rides on Drop Tower.  I am 65 rides away.  

We rode a Sky Ride to go toward the front of the park but I noticed no line on Gatekeeper so we rode Gatekeeper twice.  Then we went to Raptor for 2 rides.  

Overall, we got to ride 20 rides in 4 and 1/2 hours.  We rode Valravn last month but were not impressed at all.  I prefer Sheikra over Valravn and were not going to wait 30 minutes for this ride.  We left around 2:45.  Overall, this was a good day.  As usual, I ran into a few people I know from Kings Island.  Andrew, Adam and Roger.  It was nice seeing all of you.  

• Like 6