Front Seat!

flightoffear1996

the most i would wait is 5-10 mins, i would wait longer if it was for Top Thrill Dragster or any of Cedar Point's amazing Intamin coaster, though i wouldn't was THAT long for any of them knowing how lucky i am when I'm next up and Top Thrill Dragster goes down for mechanical 

Depends on the coaster and/or time of day., and other scenarios.  About every other Beast night ride I try and go for the front despite waiting 6+ cycles for the front.  Some others I try and go for the front are Invertigo, Bat, and Racer.  I like doing Vortex in the front early in the morning or at dusk for the awesome breeze.  I'm not a fan of Flight of Fear in the front with the way the MCBR brings the train to a stop with the front car hanging off the curved drop and you're laying to the side.  Obviously, Backlot and Firehawk are entirely based on luck, which, I enjoy both.  Banshee and Diamondback I'll often try for a front seat ride.  On Adventure Express, I actually prefer the back.  It kind of adds to the runaway mine train aspect of it.  On SOB, I only rode in the front 2 seats as those were the only comfortable seats.  I was lucky enough to snag a front seat ride on King Cobra before it bit the dust and that was really fun. 

One thing I like to do when I ride a coaster for the first time is to ride all over the train to kind of get the full experience.  

• Like 5

So, there's really only one coaster I almost always wait for the front for if it has a reasonable wait, and that is The Bat. Though the front is cool on FoF, Beast and Adventure Express, I usually have other go-to seats I more prefer/more frequent (FoF and Beast, I tend to like to sit near the front, AE I tend to almost always sit in the 2nd to last seat).

• Like 2

Depends on the coaster.. but for most rides.. I will only wait an extra 3 or less runs.. so I don't get front very often.

If it's a MUST EXPERIENCE kind of thing though... maybe I'll do wait longer. Though, that was the case for TTD but, last time I tried.. it kept breaking down so when we finally were able to ride, we needed to just get on it before it broke AGAIN.

• Like 2

I'm the complete opposite I prefer and wait for the very backseat on coasters. Typically the lines are not as long and I feel like the very backseat gives a more out of control, forceful ride. Unlike the front seat we're it tends to be more scenic. Occasionally I'll wait for the front seat depending on my mood and what the line is looking like, but 9 out of 10 I'm getting in line for the very backseat.

• Like 5

I usually enjoy waiting extra time to ride front seat (especially on Diamondback and Beast) but one of he only rides at KI I don't enjoy riding in the front seat are BLSC and Vortex. I'm a tall person so I usually tolerate Vortex's murderous restraints only if I sit on the left side of the train.

A front seat ride on Banshee, if not more than 3-4  trains is acceptable.

You would have to pay me to ride Vortex in the front. I'll ride it all day in 7-1.

Diamondback is a joy in the front, I'd wait 3-4 trains there as well. Same for Beast, or Racer.

BLSC, front 2 rows, or I'll wait..... wait.....wait... 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'll ride row 1 on Diamondback if the line is short enough. There's nothing in front of you either so I sit in row 2 moreso than row 1.

I'll do Banshee in the front if there's only a line big enough for a couple of trains.

Beast, Racer I will do on occasion but middle row of last car is where you'll find me most of the time.

Front row on Maverick at Cedar Point is my all-time favorite- it's my go-to.

• Like 2