Coasterstock 2017

JubJester

Hi guys, this probably won't make any sense but.... On my computer, I used the "snipping tool" to snip my purchase orders for Coasterstock, then I saved the webpage and well, I was uploading some new photos and sorting them into the appropriate files, and I found a file in my photos called "Kings Island Coaster Stock_files" and theres alot of blank white page photos labeled things like "chart(1)" or "ki_coupon_3". I don't remember making this and it's not cause any issues with my computer, but is it stuff that I'm supposed to have and didn't download or should I just delete it and move on! I know it sound really strange, but I hope I explained it okay.  

• Like 1

^ When you save a webpage to a file, a matching folder is created for that page's resources. This includes images, style configuration files (css), JavaScript, and more. This way, if you open the saved HTML file, those other parts of the page still show up.

Saving your order configuration in this way isn't the best idea, as the dynamic order information might not load properly. I suggest printing - either to paper or to a PDF file.

• Like 6

Just got my paycheck tonight and used half of it....

Purchased my ticket! :D

3 pm Beast Tour

WOOOO.... 

This will be other than National Rollercoaster Day my first real enthusiast event... :)

Cant wait.....!

Will probably arrive on Friday afternoon afterschool for check in....

:)

• Like 6

On 1/25/2017 at 8:03 PM, malem said:

It hasn't been as extravagant after 2014. Lunch is more like burgers and chicken than prime rib and shrimp.

It's still a great event, though, especially (since 2016) with limited attendance keeping ERT lines short.

Agreed, 2014 was the 2nd best Mania Ive ever been to, they really knocked that one out with it being Blue Streak's 50th (The last 2 day event in 2011 was #1 for me for a few reasons).  After Failmania 2015, Id never attend another regardless of how many people I hear say they redeemed themselves last year.  As far as my event choice for the year, since Im only doing one, its HWN hands down.

Edit:Given a choice between Mania and Stock..... if I were inclined to attend, I would choose Stock for the single reason of Mystic Timbers ERT simply to be able to ride it repeatedly this year without a multi-hour wait.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

OK, we just signed up and registered for Coaster Stock! This will be our first and I am super stoked to be going. We joined ACE last week and verified our schedule. My wife has to work on the 19th, so we might not be registering until that evening. We live about 1 1/2 away, but I was considering driving separate and my son and I can come earlier, but I will probably just wait till that evening.

Thanks for all the great info on this thread everyone! You helped make the purchase/registration process a lot easier.

• Like 3

On 1/25/2017 at 10:35 PM, malem said:

Since there's a lot of time between now and the event, this is probably a good place to mention that you can re-print tickets from Kings Island's website if you misplace or destroy them.

Just open the ticket store & use the menu at the top to find Order Lookup.

Thanks! We have our vouchers on the fridge!, but you never know!

• Like 2

Currently working on a plan... We are thinking about drving to Holiday World early on wednesday before coasterstock. They are open 11a-4p and it's about three and a half hours from our house. Thinking about then staying the night there and driving the two and half hours over to Mason thursday morning for CS. Just a plan, still in the works but I hope it happens. it'll depend on work schedules lol 

• Like 1

Since HW closes at 4, why not drive toward KI that night? That would be much better than leaving at 4AM to get to CS.

My bad, I thought you were heading to KI the morning of CS, but you said Thursday and CS starts Friday, so that could work.

• Like 2

Random, slightly off topic mini something... I was requesting my days off for Coasterstock and my boss is cool she's a Disney nut so she understands a theme park vacation. However, there's a girl in my office that over heard my plans and now she's driving me bonkers about it <_< people are stupid lol she just keeps saying why do you want to go there? like every half hour... Ugh *face palm* lol :lol:   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thabto said:

Since HW closes at 4, why not drive toward KI that night? That would be much better than leaving at 4AM to get to CS.

My bad, I thought you were heading to KI the morning of CS, but you said Thursday and CS starts Friday, so that could work.

We are debating that! we would be going to HW Wednesday, stay or diving to Cincy Wednesday night then having Thursday as a day off or a driving day to Cincy. It'll depend if my fiancé get that day off. I have Wednesday's off always so it's not issue for me. but he has to X amount of hours a week not matter what, so it's hard for him to take off to many days in a row.

• Like 2

This is just my opinion, but I would make the drive Wednesday night and just rest up on Thursday. I did Carowinds and Coastermania at CP in the same week last year and one of those days in between was being on the road several hours. The day after Coastermania, I was about ready to fall over dead. I tried to go ride a couple coasters the day after CM, but I just wasn't feeling it. I was exhausted and ready to head home. I wish I could leave earlier for CS, but the others in my group don't get out of work until 4, and we have a 4 hour drive. I hope to get down there by 10PM so I can rest up the night before.

• Like 2

FunPix is a photo program that rolled out last year. 

It's unknown at this point to the public how it'll work for Coasterstock. It'll likely be FunPix for just the 2 days of the events. You will be able to take your card (I'm assuming that's what they'll give everyone) to any of the ride photo booths to redeem your pictures to download them later. It also will work for the front gate photos. 

The program is fantastic. I have it all season long (I did last year) and absolutely loved getting the pictures from my trips. This year, more parks than KI and CP will have it.

• Like 3