CarnEvil Building

pianoman

not sure about phantom theater, I assume it used the same layout that boo blaster does today.  I thought the prior boat ride used that portion of the building as well as the Boo blaster's portion.  Somebody will confirm.  Wasn't there a stage in there ate one point, perhaps still today hidden behind Carn-Evil?

In its original form, the entire building housed the Enchanted Voyage boat ride. The photo booth for Great Pumpkin Coaster is where the load/unload station sat, setup similar to Disneyland's it's a small world attraction (loading/unloading outside while the "show" is completely indoors).

Once the water track was removed and the Omnimovers were installed, the building essentially split in two as Phantom Theater took up less space than the previous attraction. The other half became the Enchanted Theater and ran until 2003, I believe. 

CarnEvil originally took residence in the Festhaus where Panda Express sits now. It was moved to the former Enchanted Theater for the 2006 FearFest season and has remained there since. The stage for the Theater still sits behind the maze, as well as storage and staging for the numerous costumed characters for Planet Snoopy.

• Like 5

That portion of the building was used by the Enchanted Voyage and Smurfs boat rides before the re-did the ride system to Phantom Theater (Boo Blasters and Phantom Theater share the same ride system and track layout).  When that happened the portion of the building that Carn-Evil is in became a kids theater.  Also there are some back of the house spaces in that building for the sanitation employees. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info everyone. I've seen old pictures of Enchanted Voyage. It looked like a neat ride but that was way before my time. I unfortunately ever got a chance to ride Phantom Theater. The first year I visited Kings Island was the last year it was open. I was only 4 so I don't even remember it. I've always heard it was a really cool ride.

• Like 2

Yes, used to house the Enchanted Voyage all in that one building. Phantom Theatre and on it's been split and that's how they housed their shows in that Enchanted Theatre, I remember watching the Scooby Doo show there a lot.

Also, you might enjoy this picture. I got this thing a couple years ago.. I wouldn't be able to tell you where, maybe on this site from the last time someone brought up this topic. (it seems to come up again and again :P)

Anyways, I always thought it was cool, and so I kept it, and this particular version is color coated to make it a little easier to separate:

1zxoydt.png

• Like 8

Yes, used to house the Enchanted Voyage all in that one building. Phantom Theatre and on it's been split and that's how they housed their shows in that Enchanted Theatre, I remember watching the Scooby Doo show there a lot.

Also, you might enjoy this picture. I got this thing a couple years ago.. I wouldn't be able to tell you where, maybe on this site from the last time someone brought up this topic. (it seems to come up again and again :P)

Anyways, I always thought it was cool, and so I kept it, and this particular version is color coated to make it a little easier to separate:

1zxoydt.png

When I first saw this pic, I thought it was a bad Legends of the Hidden Temple cartoon.

• Like 1