Cedar Point (+ Other CF Parks) May Change All Season Drink Program

Tr0y

^ You'll owe the 6.75% in sales tax whether you buy online or at the park.

For people who haven't yet registered for Coasterstock, doing both in one transaction would be a way to avoid paying online processing fees on multiple orders. Coasterstock tickets are only sold online.

• Like 2

I can`t order my Coaster stock tickets until I get my Gold Pass processed to enter my pass #.  We downgraded from Platinum since we have a little one now and didn`t think we would make it to another Cedar Fair park besides KI this year.  Kind of bummed I have to wait about another month to purchase my CoasterStock ticket.  

People should be glad that the season long drink plan is valid at all Cedar Fair parks if you have a Platinum Pass. Regardless of it costing $27, $30, or even $38 after taxes and fees, that is a pretty good deal if you visit the park say ten times and get a drink every time you go.  

10 hours ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

KI website says the same.

I can't seem to find that verbiage on the KI site.  Can you provide a link?  There was a distinction referenced earlier in this thread that may have a impact on which plan people purchase.

Just now, harveyhaddixfan said:

No idea, but those bottles were 26 or 28 ounces. (I checked one day after drinking 6) You'd have to be seriously chugging to need a refill in 5 min. Hopefully the cups are about 16-20 ounces.

Buyers remorse does set in - especially when there is no perceived cost.  I have dumped out my poor decision and gone back or hit the next free style station within 15 minutes (and probably even under 5 minutes) but this is only anecdotal evidence.

Drink on!

• Like 2

Buyers remorse does set in - especially when there is no perceived cost.  I have dumped out my poor decision and gone back or hit the next free style station within 15 minutes (and probably even under 5 minutes) but this is only anecdotal evidence.
Drink on!

Haha. I'm Minute Maid Light with Strawberry all the time. Best combo I've found.

Note: go to Burger King and play with the machine to find what you like.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

Haha. I'm Minute Maid Light with Strawberry all the time. Best combo I've found.

I'll have to try that one, I tend to forego the carbonated options when walking around the parks on hot days.  I also don't mind the raspberry tea from the concession stands when there is no free style station in sight.

My problem with the 15-minute wait is that the freestyle machines are frequently out of popular drinks.  If your cup is scanned before you try to fill it then you have no way to know if you will want to walk across the park to try to get a specific beverage.  I almost exclusively drink the light lemonade and typically try to get some flavor mix in, and I do have to agree strawberry is likely the best.  From what I was able to figure out the employees mostly seem to have no clue how to fill the machine and just ignore it when they run out of something.

• Like 1

My problem with the 15-minute wait is that the freestyle machines are frequently out of popular drinks.  If your cup is scanned before you try to fill it then you have no way to know if you will want to walk across the park to try to get a specific beverage.  I almost exclusively drink the light lemonade and typically try to get some flavor mix in, and I do have to agree strawberry is likely the best.  From what I was able to figure out the employees mostly seem to have no clue how to fill the machine and just ignore it when they run out of something.

It would be nice if they put the MM Light or Powerade Zero in all of the fountains in place of something else that's carbonated and loaded with sugar.
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

Hi-C Fruit Punch and Sprite or Sprite Zero is the best!!! I highly recommend it!

Side-Note: Did we ever figure out what size cup are included with the paper cup drink plan?

What I found interesting in the FAQ is that stolen bottles can now be deactivated and replaced (for $3), which makes them a lot less attractive to steal in the first place.  Also, if one doesn't want to be bound to the bottle all season but would still like one for their collection, for the same $3 fee, one can have their bottle deactivated and switch to the season pass plan instead. 

It really sounds like Cedar Fair has been listening to guests' suggestions on this. 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased the Season Pass option for this. Considering how much will be saved on drinks for this, I couldn't pass it up. 

I ended up paying a total of $33 for it, since there is the fee (99 cents) and tax. I wanted to add it to my pass before visiting Carowinds this weekend! 

Cannot wait to use it. Honestly, I'm sure after this weekend alone, I'll have "paid it off" with the amount of drinks I get and their cost if I weren't to have the plan.

• Like 4