Cedar Point (+ Other CF Parks) May Change All Season Drink Program

Tr0y

• 2 months later...

Winter Chill-Out attendees at Cedar Point are reporting that a drink plan without the cups was officially announced today. The cost is reportedly the same as the current all-season souvenir cup price ($26.99), though I'd expect increases as the season progresses. Note that there's no official word yet on KI's 2017 drink offers.

I personally don't like soft drinks, but I'm half considering it for large cups of water, including from locations that don't stock complimentary (Kinzel) cups.

• Like 5

I am happy to see this.  But they better have a way to switch your order from last year.  When I renewed my pass I purchased the season long bottle and I would really prefer to just get a cup every time I want a drink.  With this change I have zero need for a locker.  

• Like 2

^ The refills wouldn't be equivalent; a souvenir bottle holds more soft drink than a paper cup.

Some might still prefer the bottle plans, such as if they don't want drinks linked to a particular pass or if they share a cup between family members. Keeping them separate products seems to make sense; guests can choose which works best for them.

• Like 1

CP Food Blog has the details on the announcement: http://cpfoodblog.com/2017-cedar-point-season-pass-drink-program/

Notably, there is a 15-minute wait time between scans on the season pass program, as opposed to 5 minutes between scans with the bottle. I suppose this is necessary to limit abuse (one person with the plan getting drinks for the whole family).

• Like 4

It also said the CP program is good at all CF parks.  I was tempted to get the all season cup at Knotts when I was there earlier this month; but I decided to just drink water.  At Magic Mountain, I didn't even take my bottle in the park (SF meal plans come with a "free" bottle for all season/all park refills).

If KI doesn't offer and the CP version can be used at all parks, I will pick up one up there when I go before Coaster Stock.

• Like 1

Renewed my Platinum Pass late in the Summer when they went on sale.

I added FunPix, All-Season Dining, and added Season-Long Drinks. With this going on sale March 1, I'm wondering if those who've already added to their passes will get a choice of going with the plan with or without the cup.

^ The refills wouldn't be equivalent; a souvenir bottle holds more soft drink than a paper cup.

Some might still prefer the bottle plans, such as if they don't want drinks linked to a particular pass or if they share a cup between family members. Keeping them separate products seems to make sense; guests can choose which works best for them.

But it doesnt seem to matter since its unlimited refills. The only different thing is one has a 5 minute refill wait and the other a 15 minute one. THAT could be a reason to keep it separate. But same price, same theoretical amount of drink (unless you literally refill the moment you're allowed again). it doesnt make financial difference if a guest went with paper, then paid for a cup (which offers 1$ refills anyways) and refilled for free since they already bought a plan.

I only think of this because someone might vouch not to have paper plan, see other peoples bottlws and change their mind that they actually look cool and decide that's more convinient.

I am expecting an announcement on the website on or around March 1 about the All Season Drink program. Those who have chosen to purchased the All season bottle already will have the option to change it the paper cup system at the park. But once the transaction is complete you cannot change it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I just bought mine this morning from the CP website. It was $34.80 after taxes and fees. You only need to get about 6 drinks for it to pay for itself. But at WCO last week, Tony and Jason really stressed the price subject to change part. So if the price jumps, you'll wish you bought it sooner. Yes the fee is annoying, but I would hate to regret not buying it sooner when they start adjusting the prices.

It doesn't say anywhere that you can't use it at Freestyle. I bought it with the intention of using it there. I'll be upset if the plan isn't valid there. It would stupid not to since you can use the bottle there.  That post you referred to, the guy was thinking that they would not allow you to use it there, but was surprised that you could.

Ah well, if the price goes up before I can buy it at the park, so be it. I'll either pay the new price, or not buy it at all, depending. But if I do buy at least I will know /all/ the money goes to KI rather than some price gouger that charges more than 50 times the processing fee of a decent online sales manager/credit card processor.

Every time I've complained about that in the past on the boards, Terpy (still miss him!) would post something implying he thought maybe KI got part of the Accesso fee as well, but if I buy it at the park, I can be sure they do. 

• Like 1

I'd much rather buy it at a park, but I'd almost rather have it at the first park visit, whether it be at Carowinds or Kings Island....either way, my pass is a Cedar Point Platinum Pass....so if I can't purchase it at a park that's not my "home park" I have to do it online. 

Here is a post regarding from PointBuzz regarding the price difference. This poster contacted the park: 

I finally got a call back, and the $26.99 price is only going to be around for a very limited time, and is only available if you purchased your pass from Cedar Point. Officially it does not matter which park you purchased the drink plan from if you have a Platinum Pass, but due to a quirk in the online store, you have to use the online store of the park you purchased your pass from.

I know it is only three dollars, but I feel cheated.

https://pointbuzz.com/Forums/PostLink/572948

• Like 1