Kings Island 2017 Discussion Thread

Magenta Lizard

He wasn't mistaken by the Winterfest lineup. The whole conversation reveals he is talking about Winterfest's lineup, not the regular season's.

On 1/22/2017 at 10:07 PM, ki95 said:

I would like to see this at WinterFest in the near future!

http://www.cirqueproductions.com/public-shows/cirque-dreams-holidaze/  

On 1/22/2017 at 10:10 PM, CoasterOhio said:

Probably will, since it's Cirque, and they stated that they would have entertainment line up.

On 1/24/2017 at 11:38 PM, ki95 said:

Sadly , they already announced the show line-up for this year (it's a stage show going in the KI Theater & a Snoopy ice skating show on the fountain). Hope they bring it next year!

• Like 1

i wonder if the park will add in more retro elements this year, for the 45th anniversary?  Last year I saw some retro logos (on the clock and somewhere else, I can't remember.)  I'd like to see the chain diversify and let the parks develop some identities of their own while taking advantage of synergies of scale.  But this is coming from someone who has only been to KI, Cwinds, KD and CP--and CP felt the least corporate to me! 

As for retro things I'd LOVE to see make a return:  make International Street more international again with music, paint and food.  Bring back hints of themed areas (music in Rivertown and Coney Mall.)  Use more of the 1973 logo in the park.  Paint claws/fists etc in the pavement to direct people to major attractions.  More complex things:  Make Octoberfest again.  Bring back Les Taxis, retheme the train and redesign the entry plaza to reflect the original layout.

Not wanting much, am I?  ;)

• Like 10

18 hours ago, jtro223 said:

i wonder if the park will add in more retro elements this year, for the 45th anniversary?  Last year I saw some retro logos (on the clock and somewhere else, I can't remember.)  I'd like to see the chain diversify and let the parks develop some identities of their own while taking advantage of synergies of scale.  But this is coming from someone who has only been to KI, Cwinds, KD and CP--and CP felt the least corporate to me! 

As for retro things I'd LOVE to see make a return:  make International Street more international again with music, paint and food.  Bring back hints of themed areas (music in Rivertown and Coney Mall.)  Use more of the 1973 logo in the park.  Paint claws/fists etc in the pavement to direct people to major attractions.  More complex things:  Make Octoberfest again.  Bring back Les Taxis, retheme the train and redesign the entry plaza to reflect the original layout.

Not wanting much, am I?  ;)

Agreed. Growing up as kid in the 70's KI was my home park. IIRC when walking down I-Street you would hear traditional French Cafe music and subsequently in Oktoberfest, they would play some sort of German Polka music. Even though I-Street had shops representing Italy, Spain, Germany and Sweden, I don't recall any other world music being played. (i.e. music from Spain or Italy) 

It would be kind of interesting if they brought back all of the different shops from that era. I remember you could get French pastries, German sauerkraut, Italian Sausage e.t.c. They even had a working bakery where you could buy mini loaves of Wonder bread. Now it seems as if all of the shops are nothing more than common trinket shops. How cool would it be to grab a miniature Eiffel Tower souvenir in 2017.  Can you still get the saltwater taffy anywhere on I-Street? That was a BIG draw back in the day. 

• Like 5

^there are quite a number of different styles of Eiffel Tower souvenirs in the KI shops these days. They don't have saltwater taffy, but in the Sweet Spot they do have a large variety of pick-a-mix taffy in different flavors (rough estimate 30-40), some quite unusual. My absolute favorite is the maple bacon. 

I have always been curious about the maple bacon flavor! I have to grab a piece this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I haven't tried any of those taffy flavors that I absolutely didn't like. I was a little disappointed by chicken and waffles, though: I thought I would like it better than I did. It was just ok.

If you like sweet and salty combinations, you'll definitely like the maple bacon. You can get four or five pieces for a buck so it's a pretty cheap treat, and not expensive to try any flavors you might be curious about. 

• Like 5

^I'm iffy for Opening Day as well.  I try to avoid taking off of Saturdays if I can.  Most of my visits once summer gets here will be evenings for most of the week and Wednesdays and Fridays for when I want to go for a full day.  

I may sneak in a visit when I take a week off for my Sandusky/Muskegon trip. 

• Like 3

On 1/27/2017 at 7:03 AM, CoastersRZ said:

Where have they announced the show line up for this year?  I have not seen it announced yet.  Please provide a link.

Any update on lineup? We did not watch many shows last year, only visited the park a couple of times. What were the offerings last year?

• Like 2