Forum software upgrade

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since the forums updated, I've been getting an email once a day after I start posting, "Your Kings Island Central Forums digest." I thought I tweaked my settings to not get emails unless I got a PM. It's kind of obnoxious since it happens after I start posting and I'm already looking at the threads. I didn't get this email before the forums were updated.

I've already done that. The only thing for email highlighted is for a personal message and when I'm added to a conversation.Ā 

The only thing else that it could be is email once a week with all the new content that week, yet it's a daily thing.....stinks there isn't an option for opt-out with that.

So looking further, it seems to deal with the options of " Method to use for content I follow automatically " which gives the options of one email a day, one email a week or a notification when new content is posted.Ā 

I've went to the "a notification when new content is posted." Not really sure what that entails, but I guess we'll see when it happens. I'd just prefer not to get any notifications other than those I selected at the bottom section of the notifications settings page.

• Like 1

I turned Thumbor on, which proxies external forum images through the KICentral.com server. If anyone has problems with images in posts, let me know.

The benefit is that all images load over HTTPS and are automatically resized if necessary. We're also caching images, so threads don't lose their photos if an image host goes down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

I've been having issues in typing posts recently and it only happens here. Ā The cursor randomly cuts out and I have to re-click a bunch to re-establish it.Ā 

Ā I had that issue as well. I cleared my cache/history and that fixed it?

It's working now because I temporarily patched the Tapatalk plugin to fix the bug.

--- ./mbqClass/lib/read/MbqRdEtAtt.php.original	2017-03-09 05:18:29.248269536 +0000
+++ ./mbqClass/lib/read/MbqRdEtAtt.php	2017-03-09 20:26:40.000000000 +0000
@@ -75,7 +75,9 @@
             if ($attachment['attach_is_image'])
 			{
 				$url = \IPS\Http\Url::external($attachmentBaseUrl .$attachment['attach_location']);
-                $thumbnail = \IPS\Http\Url::external($attachmentBaseUrl .$attachment['attach_thumb_location']);
+				if (!empty($attachment['attach_thumb_location'])) {
+					$thumbnail = \IPS\Http\Url::external($attachmentBaseUrl .$attachment['attach_thumb_location']);
+				}
 			}
 			else
 			{

The plugin erroneously assumed that IPS generates a thumbnail for every uploaded image, when it actually generates them only for large images.

• Like 1