Welcome to Kings Island Central Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

malem

Forum software upgrade

101 posts in this topic

Ever since the forums updated, I've been getting an email once a day after I start posting, "Your Kings Island Central Forums digest." I thought I tweaked my settings to not get emails unless I got a PM. It's kind of obnoxious since it happens after I start posting and I'm already looking at the threads. I didn't get this email before the forums were updated.

I've already done that. The only thing for email highlighted is for a personal message and when I'm added to a conversation. 

The only thing else that it could be is email once a week with all the new content that week, yet it's a daily thing.....stinks there isn't an option for opt-out with that.

^ With respect to new content, does the digest contain PMs, forum threads you follow, some other selection, or everything?

I'll look into it when I get a chance. Is anyone else getting more e-mails than they want?

23 hours ago, malem said:

^ With respect to new content, does the digest contain PMs, forum threads you follow, some other selection, or everything?

I'll look into it when I get a chance. Is anyone else getting more e-mails than they want?

Threads I follow and some other things I don't follow.

This is the email I got and my current settings. I get an email once a day once I start commenting on threads. If I don't comment one day, I don't get an email.

9c851027f6eff6bd0fe81d681110c748.jpg
6db2ae337e8613d45d73708a4f188c29.jpg05a27515f191bbd66d764d134ff5431a.jpg33de8d8c48ba392faaedd4e93efb8f9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So looking further, it seems to deal with the options of " Method to use for content I follow automatically " which gives the options of one email a day, one email a week or a notification when new content is posted. 

I've went to the "a notification when new content is posted." Not really sure what that entails, but I guess we'll see when it happens. I'd just prefer not to get any notifications other than those I selected at the bottom section of the notifications settings page.

jcgoble3 likes this