Cedar Point's Ripcord Moved and Renamed

Very unique name, I really like it. I was also intrigued by the ending of this blog stating how this is the first of many new things in 2017. In all honesty I don't think that RMC Mean Streak will open in 2017. Typically, coasters are nearing their completion around this time of the year and from the most recent photos we've seen, RMC Mean Streak isn't even close. I do know that RMC conversions do take a little longer but they are usually if not always ready by their park's opening day. I don't know if we'll see any new flats at Cedar Point next year but I would expect a lot of general park improvements. Who knows, they might have something special up their sleeve that we would never expect for next year, I just don't believe that thing will be RMC Mean Streak.

• Like 8

I was also happy to see Shoot the Rapid's old station still sitting there. A lot of you may not have liked the ride, but you had to admit back then that it was very beautifully landscaped. With that said, I hope they use the station for Professor Delbert(ripcord), for the current time being. I also hope they're not done ripping out the troughs. Otherwise, it's going to seem weird flying over old concrete.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nick_Plummer said:

Very unique name, I really like it. I was also intrigued by the ending of this blog stating how this is the first of many new things in 2017. In all honesty I don't think that RMC Mean Streak will open in 2017. Typically, coasters are nearing their completion around this time of the year and from the most recent photos we've seen, RMC Mean Streak isn't even close. I do know that RMC conversions do take a little longer but they are usually if not always ready by their park's opening day. I don't know if we'll see any new flats at Cedar Point next year but I would expect a lot of general park improvements. Who knows, they might have something special up their sleeve that we would never expect for next year, I just don't believe that thing will be RMC Mean Streak.

Don't forget, CP hosts Winter Chill Out in February where there is a lot of announcements generally made for the upcoming season.....that's more than likely what is being talked about at the end of the blog post. 

There is always a possibility that RMC Streak could open at some point in 2017. The conversions do take a while, but don't forget they can open the next season after closing, i.e. Wicked Cyclone, The Joker and Twisted Collossus.

• Like 1

I feel the same way. I think they would want to promote it to help drive season pass sales. Not saying it can't happen but a major "new" coaster would be a big thing to drive ticket and season pass sales. So if they wait until sometime into the season to announce and open it that will hurt season pass sales at the least. 

• Like 2

If only they would make investments like this in Kings Island.  Not saying moving the skycoaster, but imagine how much of Kings Island could have been painted for the cost of moving this ride at Cedar Point - which is quite a cost for "improving the views of the park from the ride." 

• Like 1