What Coaster will your ride first when KI opens?

Xdog42

Opening Day for Kings Island is approachingĀ and I'm positive we all can't wait to get on the Coasters their again. But what coaster/attraction Do you plan to go to first when you go to Kings Island in the first opening weeks. For me, the first coaster I will ride is Racer (blue side) Because that was literally my first adult roller Coaster. But what will it be for you?

Also what restaurant will you eat at first? I need some suggestions because when I go to KI I always eat at Skyline Chili or Subway.

• Like 5

Mystic Timbers, no question. After that, I dunno. I've got The Bat, Adventure Express, Beast, Banshee and possibly Flight of Fear on my agenda. But first, Mystic Timbers!

As for other rides I'd like to ride on Opening Day, I'd like to ride Drop Tower, Delirium, and Congo Falls (if it's open).

Restaurant-wise, I'm not sure. I like most things at Festhaus and Tom + Chee is always good. I'd love to get some Chicken Shack bread this season and if the rest of the group is going to Reds', I'll likely tag along. 84 days!

EDIT: Subway is always a good choice, but I don't really go there often anymore (both when I'm at the park and when I'm not)- the last time I went there was last year; my friend's girlfriend and I stopped in to get a bite to eat in Chicago before I went home from my Secret Trip (I also just realized that the first and last activities after/before the bus rides on that trip included eating out! :lol:)

• Like 3

It's going to be Mr T for me. My natural inclination is to wait for another day/week until I can ride without a ridiculous line, but... it's also my inclination to REALLY want a first rider t-shirt. So I'll probably be outside the parking gates at like 4 AM (since I barely sleep even when I'm not excited about anything).

After that I guess it will need to be either Beast or DB since they're right there.Ā 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

It's going to be Mr T for me. My natural inclination is to wait for another day/week until I can ride without a ridiculous line, but... it's also my inclination to REALLY want a first rider t-shirt.

I didn't even think about the first rider shirts... if MT is as awesome as I think it would be, it might warrant buying a shirt; however, now I can save some $ by receiving a First Rider shirt! Even if I don't get the shirt, I'll be there to wait for MT... however long it takes! :D

• Like 3

Mystic Timbers, of course. After that, who knows? Definitely Diamondback and Banshee at some point. Might go for a spin on Boo Blasters or Woodstock Gliders. Beast if we stay long enough for a night ride. I try not to plan things too carefully. It's often more fun to wait and see what the day brings.

• Like 1

If I am somehow there during the Madness of opening day (unless the weather is bad reducing crowds)? It'll probably depend how crazy the line for Mystic Timbers gets, if it is 4+ hours like Banshee was then I'll probably go to Flight of Fear, Banshee or something else outside Rivertown since literally everything else would have a shorter line. Hopefully they have some kind of plan to prevent Fast Lane users from spamming Mystic Timbers so much the line slows to a crawl and the T-Shirts are 1 per person. Though Mystic Timbers might not be as hyped up as Banshee was (Banshee was a much larger ride and was replacing Son of Beast). If the line is only 2 hours or less, Mystic Timbers it probably will be.

Though I will probably not even be there opening day, so I have little idea what ride I will actually do first. In 2014, oddly, it was Backlot Stunt Coaster on opening day as the ride we wanted to ride, Flight of Fear, broke down and we were waiting for the Banshee line to whittle down a bit first.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2017 at 6:40 PM, McSalsa said:

Ā 4+ hours like Banshee

Banshee was a much larger ride and was replacing Son of Beast

I waitedĀ right at 3 hrsĀ opening day, when the park opened. When we got off BansheeĀ the line was much shorter than when we started. So I would say 3 hrs max not 4+ hrs first thing in the morning. As theĀ day went on the line was a lot shorter.

Banshee did not replace SOB. Banshee would be somewhere else in the park if SOB was still operating today.

7 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I waitedĀ right at 3 hrsĀ opening day, when the park opened. When we got off BansheeĀ the line was much shorter than when we started. So I would say 3 hrs max not 4+ hrs first thing in the morning. As theĀ day went on the line was a lot shorter.

Banshee did not replace SOB. Banshee would be somewhere else in the park if SOB was still operating today.

I actually did wait 4 1/2 though- one of the people in our group timed it. Not sure how that might have happened- maybe a bunch of Fast Lane users were slowing the line down or something. We got in line around an hour and a half after park opening BTW on I-Street, not far from Festhaus. (We waited 45 minutes for Backlot Stunt Coaster and 30 minutes to get in before we got in line for Banshee that day)

Also I know Banshee would probably have still opened in 2014 elsewhere in the park had SOB still existed, but it was the first major addition since SOB was demolished and did use some of the land SOB once sat on (mainly lift hill+2nd helix). Being the first major addition since the hyped-but-failed SOB was demolished probably added to the Banshee hype. (Son of Beast is even shown being destroyed during the Banshee reveal teaser) Perfect weather that day probably helped too- 1 year later when Holiday World opened Thunderbird, the weather was crud (cold+rainy) and when I looked on their webcams the ride was running and open but had no wait.

The line stopped for us right in front of Festhaus and was right at 3 hrs.Ā 

The way you worded your post it seemed you were saying it did replace SOB, which some may not understand.Ā I just wanted to clear that up for those that do not know. My apologies if that is not what you were trying to convey.

• Like 1

It's OK- and you were right, I was merely suggesting Banshee may have gotten more hype from being the first major thrill ride after SOB was demolished and the fact it sat near where (and a bit on) where SOB once stood. Also...

On 1/23/2017 at 7:00 AM, calakapepe said:

I still think the line will still be around 4-5 hours long.
We will also be having a lot of mid-thrill level riders out that weren't tall enough for Banshee. (not those same specific kids)

...I actually forgot that factor. Mystic Timbers is indeed gonna attract the 48' crowd that Banshee couldn't, not to mention the wooden coasters lovers, and it isn't as high on capacity (They are stating 1200pph for MT, Banshee is 1600pph). With that in mind, Mystic Timbers probably will have at least a 3-4 hour line on opening day so long as the weather is nice if the conditions are similar (aka warm, sunny, and a packed park craving roller coasters after a long offseason).Ā 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I guess now that I donated $100 to be a first rider of Mr. T, I need to change my answer. I'm not sureĀ what I'll ride first opening day (or preview night if there is one)Ā but it probably won't be Mr. T, and I won't be getting to the park quite so early.Ā 

I think maybe I'll start with FoF and Firehawk, then Backlot, Beast, Diamondback. Maybe my friends will be through Mr. T's line by then to meet up with. If not, I'll probably move on to Banshee, Bat, Adventure Express, Racer, and Vortex.Ā 

56 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I guess now that I donated $100 to be a first rider of Mr. T, I need to change my answer. I'm not sureĀ what I'll ride first opening day (or preview night if there is one)Ā but it probably won't be Mr. T, and I won't be getting to the park quite so early.Ā 

I think maybe I'll start with FoF and Firehawk, then Backlot, Beast, Diamondback. Maybe my friends will be through Mr. T's line by then to meet up with. If not, I'll probably move on to Banshee, Bat, Adventure Express, Racer, and Vortex.Ā 

Sweet. Can you make a post of how the coaster is like? I personally like to know more about a coaster so I can know what to expect on the ride. I might go like 2-4 weeks after opening day. So I don't mind if you leak what's in the shed.