New Cedar Point website.

I liked the old website better.  When you click on something like Platinum Pass Benefits, you are greeted by a large ad to purchase a pass, and then have to scroll down to see the benefits, and then click through them.  I have no problem with promoting products and what you are selling on your website.  Its just the website seems a little "clunky" for lack of a better term.

I do like the new logo, though.

• Like 1

Responsive layouts for the win. People are browsing the web on many devices, so it's great to see Cedar Fair catching up with the times on that front.

I am surprised to see the old Cedar Point logo go away in favor of the standard Cedar Fair logo text. The previous logo survived several rounds of standardization between the parks.

• Like 6

They used to have a printable park hours calendar, I hope they bring that back.   Color Blind and I can't tell any difference between the 10-8 days and 10-10 days in May and June.

On another note it is definitely designed for mobile.  Limitled information in portrait mode and expanded menues and layout in landscape on an iPad.  

^ Definitely e-mail the park about that; I'm sure they'd like feedback on a11y issues.

It may or may not be via a printable calendar, but there should be a way to see hours on a particular day without matching color keys, especially since such a way exited before. This would also affect people browsing with screen readers & other non-graphical browsers.

EDIT: upon closer inspection, the hours are available in an accessible format for browsers that can't display the graphical version. There's no easy way to see this in a regular web browser without using accessibility tools, so I'd still suggest e-mailing them.

Here's what the hours look like in links:

cphours-links.png

• Like 3

As with any big change like this, it'll take a little while to get used to but my initial impression is that it is a very clean, modern look. I like it. It's also interesting how they seem to be trying to put a much larger emphasis on multi-day stays. I only spent 5 minutes checking through the site so far and already the amount of times I've seen "stay overnight" or "you'll need more than a day" or anything else along those lines is well up in the double digits.

I feel like the park (and chain) has definitely been going in the right direction, especially in terms of its marketing, and I definitely think this follows suit.

The ride descriptions could use some work. For many of the rides the only minimum height indication is a small graphic either on the rides page or in the popup thing when you click on a ride. For instance, Lake Erie Eagles simply shows that the minimum height is 36" but doesn't say that you have to be taller to ride by yourself. Some of the kids' rides also don't have a maximum height.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not sure where to post this, but the renovated Cedar Point Express hotel has some pretty good rates with the coupon code "pass"--I'm going up after Coasterstock and for two nights, the rate was around $135 total.  Not too shabby.   Hopefully a better experience this year than last!

Edit:  This is for passholders only, you have to show your pass at check in.

Edited by jtro223
Clarification
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, jtro223 said:

Not sure where to post this, but the renovated Cedar Point Express hotel has some pretty good rates with the coupon code "pass"--I'm going up after Coasterstock and for two nights, the rate was around $135 total.  Not too shabby.   Hopefully a better experience this year than last!

Edit:  This is for passholders only, you have to show your pass at check in.

Thanks for the heads up.  Just booked at the Breakers using 'PASS' for opening weekend and saved approx $35 per night.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Oldiesmann said:

If you zoom in on the Google map you can see the locations of all the rides and such (double click to zoom in and double right-click to zoom out if you're on a computer)

I know I can do that...but I want to see the actual park map that they design. 

1 minute ago, Oldiesmann said:

Also, you can get a regular map by going to one of the ride category pages (under "Play" in the menu), then click "All Rides" and "Map".

I see that now, thanks for that! That's crazy that you have to do all of that to just get to a map. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...