Disney Crusies

• 2 weeks later...

My kids were on a Disney Carribbean cruise this past summer, which they enjoyed.  I do know that a Disney cruise is generally about 2x as much as any other cruise brand.  Might I suggest an alternative if your heart's not set on alaska?  My fiancee and I recently cruised on Royal's latest ship the Harmony of the Seas.  It was stupendous!  If you're looking for help booking your cruise, PM me and I will send you the name of the agent we've now used twice, who's great!

• Like 1

As many of you know I am an avid Disney fan, yet we always cruise with Royal.  I find it really hard to pay twice the money for a Disney Cruise when we have always had an amazing time.  Our last cruise my youngest wasn't even 2 and she had an amazing time.  We cruised on Oasis of the Seas which is awesome for the whole family and in May we will be on Harmony of the Seas.  Here is a video of our cruise from last year.  Save the money and put it towards a trip to Disney World.

• Like 1

Harmony was our first Royal cruise and we won't go back to any other line after having sailed on her.  Book your dining excursions and entertainment way ahead of time like we did.  The stand bys were often disappointed.  The fact that Harmony is only the first Royal ship to feature a slide complex was astounding to me, since other lines have touted them for years.  

We have sailed on many of Royals ships and prior to sailing on the Oasis (which we have been on twice) Freedom was always our favorites.  We never needed slides, but now with Harmony receiving them as well as them dry-docking the Freedom class with them, Royal has given us just one more reason not to leave.  We always book dining and shows well in advance, because we hate waiting.  Can't wait to experience Harmony this May, plus we get to go back to Puerto Rico.

i'm not a huge slide person, but i will say that whether or not its a design flaw, almost everyone I saw(me included) got stuck on the the 'toilet bowl' slide on Harmony to the extent that you'd have to scoot yourself through the element to enter the final portion of the slide.   Most everyone I saw on the slide including me was average size.  The Ultimate Abyss was definately unique and fun.  They do have about 30 min of downtime every day or so in order to keep the slide properly greased, so to speak.  We put down a deposit before we disembarked for good to sail on her again next winter on her Eastern route (FLL-Sea-Sea-PR-Saint Maarten/Martin-Labdee-Sea-FLL.) we did the western leg this trip (FLL-Sea-Labadee, Falmouth-Sea-Cozumel-Sea-FLL).