Rivertown Lockers

aandjgoods

With the addition of any new coaster in the Cedar Fair chain, the likelihood that you must store your loose articles in a locker is very high. I would like to venture that Mystic Timbers will be the same way. Since last season, rumors have been circulating that due to MT new lockers, Diamondback will be removing their station bins, and not allowing bags, souvenirs cups, etc. I could see this happening but I also think it would cause some outcry from frequent guests. Do you think this is a plausible outcome for the 2017 season?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, thedaveyboyshow said:

I know I am in the minority, but removing bins really would serve to make load in of rides much quicker and efficient.  Hello Cedar Fair...give us the option for drink wristbands and/or putting them on our season pass card and much of the complaints go away.  

I was just thinking this the other day, It would be great if you could get an "all day drink band" where they scanned the band and gave you a throw away cup VS. the bulky plastic ones. We quite buy them. We hated toting them around and putting them in lockers, bins, etc. The season pass addition would also be a great idea too! If you could buy an all season drink plan by itself (not on the dining plan) I would purchase that! 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Kenban said:

It has been rumored for a while that Diamondback is going to be gaining a no loose article policy this season.  Basiclly just like Banshee you will not be allowed in the line with bags, cups, etc.  I will be more surprised if it does not happen at this point.

Do you think if Diamondback goes from a no bin ride to lockers like Banshee it would become nearly as efficent or as efficent as Banshee? I don't think I've ever waited more than 20 minutes for Banshee and that was during Haunt. I love how quickly they push people thru on Banshee! A great crew indeed! 

• Like 3

While I would love to see a setup like at Universal Orlando, it is very unlikely.  For those not familiar with how they work, the lockers are free for the length of the line plus some amount of extra time.  So if the line is extremely short maybe it is only free for 45 minutes.  But on a very busy day the same locker could be free for 3+ hours.  You are told when renting the locker how long you have and if you come back too late then you are charged for the extra time.  Universal's old lockers work off your fingerprint, the new lockers require you scan the barcode on your ticket or annual pass.

What I could see happen at Kings Island is to have a set of lockers in a central location, like next to the Showplace Theatre.  Then the annual pass has an add-on which lets you use one locker each visit to the park.  It would likely be around $40-50 a year but I would get it.

The only way i can think to speed up blsc is if the MCBLaunch had a shorter show.. MAYBE able to add one car, but the ride is pretty close to being the perfect speed at the top of the first helix.

Firehawk? If we had a third train, and always had an operator per side instead of one operator for both sides, thatd speed it up. You wouldnt exit the same side you entered from that way though

• Like 2

5 hours ago, calakapepe said:

The only way i can think to speed up blsc is if the MCBLaunch had a shorter show.. MAYBE able to add one car, but the ride is pretty close to being the perfect speed at the top of the first helix.

Firehawk? If we had a third train, and always had an operator per side instead of one operator for both sides, thatd speed it up. You wouldnt exit the same side you entered from that way though

Doesn't the park have a third train that they use for parts? I think i heard that somewhere.

• Like 1

I'm no expert (but the more I hit this site that might change, lol), but I just can't imagine how Paramount can make the decision to remove something so popular as the antique cars for a coaster that has such a terrible capacity.  Great ride, but to wait 30+ minutes most of the season for it isn't worth it. 

I'd love to see a locker system for Diamondback.  And the more I think of it, Rivertown is going to be packed this season...more than what it usually is.

• Like 2

I know I am in the minority, but removing bins really would serve to make load in of rides much quicker and efficient.  Hello Cedar Fair...give us the option for drink wristbands and/or putting them on our season pass card and much of the complaints go away.  

Really random but.... I just saw this on@CPFoodblog 's Instagram 0813e2bce71af95bd8b54b7bcd5f40e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1