If you could only ride these rides (at kings island, which one would you ride (you are able to ride again), and why?

Daisy1380#

I hope that y'all are having a good evening.

There are always rides that you love to ride over and over again. A ride that I love riding over and over again are Maxflight simulators. This is because they are fun. If you have fun doing something, why not do it again?

For you people who have been to Kings Island, there is always a ride that you love to ride over and over again, and you never get tired of it. It could be a coaster, a flat ride, or even a water ride that you love so much.

The reason I created this topic is because I want to ride certain rides at Kings Island, as they fit my ride taste, and I want to know something from the KIC community. I am about to give y'all the list of rides I want to ride at Kings Island, and from that list, pick your favorite(s), and explain why that ride is your favorite. Note: I have never ridden any of these rides, as I have not been to Kings Island, but the only similar ride I have ridden is a Drop Tower ride at beech bend park in bowling green Kentucky.

Here is the list of rides that you need to choose from: Firehawk, Vortex, Banshee, Drop Tower, Slingshot, Xtreme Skyflyer, and Delirium.

Based upon this list, which ride would you ride over and over again, and why? The reason could be simple, or you could go into great detail. If you want to choose one coaster from the list, and one flat ride from the list, that is okay as well. Just remember to please explain why you picked that ride(s).

If you wish to explain your position (not argue with other users), feel free to do so, but remember to do it in a respectful manor.

Also, if you have any pictures or videos of you on the ride you chose, feel free to share them. Don't be embarrassed by showing a photo, you will not be made fun of for it, nor will other members be mean to you about it.

I hope that y'all are able to explain your position (bonus points if you bring photos), have a fun time discussing, and have a good day.

I hope that y'all have an amazing day.

Thanks, Daisy1380#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Based on the given list?

Slingshot & Xtreme Skyflyer are no go's. The are up charges that aren't worth the extra $25 I usually see the sign at. However i e seen a few times when the park first opens they are down to $5 or $10 and it's maybe worth it then.

Vortex for me gets the axe in terms of "re-rideability". I love Vortex but being 5'5, even in 5 or 7, my head hits the right spot on the shoulder restraints that it just bangs back and forth. I will ride Vortex but I don't re-ride it for that reason.

Drop Tower. You could re ride it if the line is short enough but personally if it's a long line I don't get much thrill out of just being dropped.

Firehawk is okay to re ride, it really pulls some Gs in some spots. I can re ride it just fine but I know others who are sensitive to that kind of thing and can't re-ride it.

Delirium. I could re ride Delirium plenty of time. This ride puts me to sleep, it's quite relaxing to me.

Banshee. I find it to be very re-rideable. A quick Crew, smooth tracks and a great ride! I will ride it two or three time then take a break to prevent any motion sickness.

I will say that I do think you should add Diamondback to your list. It's incredible re-rideable. It's smooth with awesome airtime! If you can ride Drop Tower then then height shouldn't be an issue. It's an easy ride and a great ride for anyone looking for a fun time. Lastly I think you should add the Train to your list. I enjoy a good train ride in the middle of the day as a way to relax after lunch, take a break from the thrills and really get some great scenes of the park!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Of these you have listed, heres my take on all of them:

Firehawk:  I really like it.  Could I ride it all day, probably.  Its got a unique restraint system that I am ok with, but others do not like.  As for coasters, its is really unique as well with the positioning you have.  Be warned though, loading and unloading takes the longest of list you have.  Additionally, it is a definite loose article thief.  I am hoping that they bring back the on ride photo.  Overall, well worth at least one ride.  (See picture)

Vortex:  There is already a thread going on about it.  Personally, while the most picturesque, it is pretty rough.  Once a day is good for me. (See picture)

Banshee:  I have done 6 in a row (ride, off, back through the line, repeat).  Its a fun ride and one you should definitely ride.  Sound like motion sickness is not an issue for you, so you should like this one.

Drop Tower:  A fun little ride, but has the tightest restraints in the park.  If I fit better and can still breathe while riding, I would ride more (I am working on this, so we will see this season).

Slingshot: I have not gone on this yet.  Very tempting but I would only pay $5 for it.  Mornings are your best time to get a cheaper ticket but I am usually across the park in the AM.

Xtreme Skyflyer:  Same as Slingshot, but I really do not have a desire to ride this.  I am a big guy and ride with my son.  I am not sure how well we would do on this.

Delirium:  This used to scare the crap out of me but now I love it.  Its smooth and the wind is awesome.  Plus, as you are rotating, every ride seems different.

As for the ride that we ride the most, it is Diamondback.  It is the right combination of height, speed, and airtime.  About the only time I can be a little painful is in the rain.  Add to the fact that it is an awesome night ride.

4 Firehawk.jpg

ATT_1412465607077_AER01004.jpg

Firehawk- Definitely near the bottom of the re-ride list.  It regularly has, at minimum, a 45 minute wait even on weekdays, its a slow loading procedure due to the seating style and is probably the most downtime prone ride in the park.  Based on the actual ride, I probably wouldn't do more than 2 or 3, though, the very front and very back are awesome.  

Vortex- I've marathoned this plenty of times and its capacity is pretty good, probably top 5 in the park.  I'm a fan of it, though, this is a pretty polarized ride though, some people really like it, others don't.  If you like Arrow loopers, its a pretty good marathon ride.  The back is probably the best place to sit though. 

Banshee- I love B&M inverted coasters and they do blast through lines pretty good.  Banshee is by far the most intense of the B&M inverts I've ridden and I can't really do more than 3-4 on it in a row, but it certainly fits the bill for re-ridability. 

Drop Tower- I never really had the want to re-ride it.  I'll hop on it once if I'm in the area and I don't get more than 2 or 3 rides during the day, but it mows through lines pretty well on weekdays.  If you like vertical freefall, go for it.

Delirium- malem can attest to the fact that I am often willing to go on Coney flat marathons, and Delirium is my favorite flat ride at the park currently.  It does get a pretty long line though, and even though it seats 50 per cycle, its a fairly long ride cycle.  I'm kind of inspired to try it this year now that I've given it some thought. 

Slingshot and Skyflyer- I don't have not want to fork out the money to marathon them and there are far better rides with similar concepts to do so for free (Delirium, Viking Fury, Drop Tower, Flight of Fear, Backlot, Diamondback).  

Others-

Bat is incredibly re-ridable if you don't mind a bit of a walk around through the queue.  

Diamondback fits all the things Banshee does and is less intense and includes great airtime to set up for good reridability.  

Racer is decent in reridability though on the rough side.  I like to marathon it in the evening and then head to Vortex, Diamondback and Beast to end my day if I'm not thinking of a Banshee night ride. 

Beast, despite its length, is good for re-rides (Beast night and rain marathons are amazing if you can pull them off).  

Timbers should be really good on re-rides (speaking from my own experience with a few GCI's).  

I've never found the need to do AE re-rides, and Invertigo is terrible for re-rides with the positive g's and the slight head banging it has. Backlot is too mediocre and low on capacity to do re-rides for me.

Flight of Fear is pretty fun to re-ride early in the day.  

Most of the flats are pretty fun to re-ride, though, good luck with Scrambler, Monster and SR&R.  

Hot days are quite conducive for Congo Falls, WWC and RFYLCB marathons.

Knowing me, it would be pretty obvious to say that I would most certainly re-ride Vortex again and again. :P

And yes, I am one who is not bothered by its roughness. I like to say I'm "immune." :) And I'm also a person who believes once isn't enough, especially when she talks about riding the same ride that turned her upside down for the first time (along with the second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth times) and which was also "love at first ride!"

The backbone of my insanely high Vortex ride count (317 as of now) is marathons (during what I've called "booster trips" because during such KI trips my count is boosted!) which of course happened in the days of Kings Island's generous re-ride policy prior to mid-2015 (which I miss very much). My most notable "booster trip" was on October 14, 2012, when a huge storm was supposed to pass through the Kings Island area but it missed and instead went north. That wonderful circumstance resulted in nonexistent lines which allowed me to ride Vortex eighteen (18) times straight, which lasted through the little rain shower we did get, all the way to when the setting sun reappeared. That day was so special. Thanks to my stomach of steel, I didn't feel sick afterward. :P

I do have yet to ride Vortex more than ten times in one day since I last did so in 2013 if I remember correctly. Hopefully that will change since I'll be working on Vortex's crew this season!

I seem to have a way with Arrow coasters, especially loopers, as I so far have not ridden an Arrow I didn't like! Call me weird if you want to, because that is the truth. I am not a normal person. :lol:

• Like 1