Matt's wacky trips!

Drummermattk

Hi Guys! I would like to share some of my trips to parks (Many for the first time) in 2016!

So starting things off is...............Walt Disney World, Memorial Day Weekend, 2016

Basically for this trip I had already graduated High School but was aloud to go with the chemistry club on the trip to Florida! Stops included Walt Disney World with unlimited hopper, Kennedy Space Center and Wakewa Springs! My thoughts on the coasters:

-Rockin' Roller Coaster feat. Aerosmith : Boy oh boy this was one i was waiting for. Ever since I started listening to Aerosmith, and saw that this ride was actually a thing I wanted to go on it. AND it blew my expectations of a Vekoma launched coaster out of the water! I rode this the first time in the middle of the train and I didn't find it rough at all! With all the black lighting, Aerosmith music blasting, and the neon signs all lit made this better than Flight of Fear and um...............Space Mountain (Just kidding).

-Expedition Everest: Adventure Express's younger more thilling brother. This ride kicked @$$. Rode in the back (No one told me they had a single rider line so i waited 75 minutes.....) anyways this and Rockin Roller Coaster was the most thrilling at the park. The fact that this had switch-tracks, pitch black, yetis that looked like they could grab you and a cool themed qeuve line, this was a good addition to the Animal Kingdom.

-primeval whirl - Not my first wild spinning mouse, but my first one with a compact layout like this. This was fun, the sharp turns, the spinning, the theming, everything was good about this ride.

-Big Thunder Mountain: The theming was great! (Isn't everything at Disney though?). Honestly felt like this is your average mine train that you would see at a lot of parks. The cars on the train took me by surprise though! No seat dividers, and a buzz bar (I believe thats what its called)! Found it just a little jerky but not rough.

-Space Mountain: EXTREMELY better than the Flight of Fear clones at KI! All the lights, and the placements of them were just intense! It's a long walk to the station though. Found this a tad bit jerky and rough but I can understand since its old. Still a great ride!

-Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: Another winner at the park! The queue line is AMAZING! Although I know the cars are supposed to swing, they didn't swing that much for me. But still an amazing ride, no roughness, no jerkiness, and I'm still singing "High Ho!"

-Barnstormer: Nothing really to say about this because it's like your average Roller skater, good ride to start kids on!

Anyways I'll stop yapping and let the pictures do the talking! (Kinda regret not filming for my YouTube channel when i went)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

2016-6-2.jpg

• Like 5

Sounds (and looks) like you had a good time!  Disney is an awesome place to visit and one of my favorite vacation spots.  Glad you got to check out Expedition Everest.  That ride is amazing and how about that theming in the queue?  It feels just like you're in the Himalayas and that realistic-looking yeti museum starts to make you question whether or not it's actually real, or just something put together for a theme park. 

Looking through your pics, it looks like you got to check out some other amazing rides/attractions.  Glad you got to experience all the magic that is Walt Disney World!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

3 minutes ago, Voicetek said:

Sounds (and looks) like you had a good time!  Disney is an awesome place to visit and one of my favorite vacation spots.  Glad you got to check out Expedition Everest.  That ride is amazing and how about that theming in the queue?  It feels just like you're in the Himalayas and that realistic-looking yeti museum starts to make you question whether or not it's actually real, or just something put together for a theme park. 

Looking through your pics, it looks like you got to check out some other amazing rides/attractions.  Glad you got to experience all the magic that is Walt Disney World!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

By far the theming was amazing! Everest and Rockin' Roller Coaster where great and by far my favorites at Walt Disney World!

Anyways If I may keep going with my wacky trips of 2016!

So after coming home from an exhausting Florida Trip, the very next day where do I go?.................... Holiday World! So what are my thoughts on their coasters and water coasters?

-Thunderbird: HOLY poop. why doesn't B&M make more launched coasters (well with their own launches....) I loved this ride and its easily in my top ten overall. All the foot-choppers with the supports around the two turn around's really got me though. Although our first ride wait was "long" since they only had one train operation we made do with it since the park wasn't packed. 

-Voyage: EASILY my number wooden coaster, and this ride was the one i was waiting the most for. I can now see why this park has the top 5 wooden coasters in the world. LOVED the 90 degree banked turns (and i was the only one yelling 90 DEGREES), and airtime after airtime after airtime.

-Legend: The re-tracked sections where really smooth and i loved the tunnels, and especially the wolf howling at us. Although they were one train operation to the line was under 10 minutes, and easily got a ride in the front. Great ride but one side note: Holiday World, bank some turns please  "

-Raven: The oldest coaster at the park and we could tell, Almost reminded me of a mini version of The Beast. Great ride!

-Mammoth: NEVER, and i mean NEVER did i ever expect to get air on a water coaster. This is by far the best Water coaster I've ever rode (even though I've only rode four). Also loved how they had the single rider lines for Mammoth and Wildebeest. 

-Wildebeest: The same thing can be said down here about Wildebeest as I said for Mammoth, HOLY AIRTIME. Loved these rides. If Kings Island ever gets a water coaster, take notes of Holiday World's

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

• Like 5

So back in July of 2016 I decided to go to Kentucky Kingdom for the first time. well here's what i thought: 

Good things about my visit:
- Park looks really clean and tidy and really upkept
- The two newest coasters where running GREAT, and T3 and Thunder Run where running good to, but T3 was a little painful.

Bad things:
-Poor quality of service overall throughout the park, especially to keep lines moving as quick as possible
-Every coaster (except Thunder Run) was one train operation......
-STORM CHASER DID NOT OPEN TILL 3/4 INTO TE DAY  :cry:

My thoughts on the coasters ;)

-Storm Chaser:
     HOLY POOP this ride is insane! (insane is an UNDERSTATEMENT), Love the ejector airtime and everything. Although I have only rode one RMC, im falling in love with them :lol: Even though the ride didn't open till 3/4 into the day, and was one train operation, I'm pretty sure i waited for the front seat for 2 cycles. LOVED IT.

-Lightning Run:
     Basically the same thing i said about Storm Chaser can be said here, although i waited 30 minutes for a ride on this.................. BUT loved the ejector airtime and outer banked turns.

-Thunder Run: 
     GREAT woodie for this park, I felt it was running really smooth and fast paced.

-T3:
     Great layout but not a fun ride as i felt alot of rattle and jerkiness, but then again, this was my first SLC ever.

-Roller Skater:
     Amazing coaster to start little kids off on.

My time was limited, and i was going to go around and take more pictures and shoot some more offride footage of Storm chaser and Thudner run, but while in the waterpark, some @$$ hole decided " hey this green bag looks nice" and walked off with it, and we spent a good two hours looking for it. Thankfully and would like to praise the park's security staff, our bag was found with nothing missing out of it, and I retrieved my phone and camera. ALSO, i did tackle the Tallest body slide in north america and it was NERVE RACKING. Anyways enough blabbing heres some offride footage and pictures! (Camera has okay quality for videos)

IMG_1382.JPG

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1387.JPG

IMG_1388.JPG

IMG_1389.JPG

IMG_1390.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

IMG_1396.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

IMG_1398.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG